lose fat...gain muscle

inspiredgirl78

I am 5'4 150 lbs....I am so tired of yo yo dieting...

Your workouts .... seem to be the best in promoting healthy lifestyle and bodies.

I am done dieting....I want a new way of life.

I also want to increase the muscle mass I have and lean out the fat I have. My weight has gotten as low as an unhealthy 105 lbs....I dont want to go there .

What I want are strong lean muscles and a toned physique....not a skinny fat...meaning skinny....yet flabby.

I am starting the 4 day split rotation....how do I do this Foodwise....eating clean....I don't want to restrict my calories too much....to where my muscle isnt fed enough

thanks

Well you'll certainly get lots of great advice here in these threads!

Im not Cathe, but I would suggest making sure your protein is high, have it with every meal it will help to maintain the muscle you have and, if you have enough, it will also help to build more muscle :)

Don't mix high amounts of carbs and fat in the same meal so that your fuel source only comes from one and the other doesn't get stored as fat.

You'd be surprised at how much fat you can lose based on diet alone so cleaning that up is crutial. Heavier weights definitly help to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

..However if your in a caloric deficit then you might gain the muscle at a slower rate, but it will certainly help you burn fat quicker! So lose your desired weight first then worry about training for bigger muscle (if you want more at that point).

Good luck!

Not Cathe obviously, but you might want to read the ebook "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" which is a favorite around here and has a chapter on eating. In general, the advice that I consistently hear is 1) eat 5-7 short meals, each with some protein; 2) drink lots of water; 3) eat foods in their most natural form as much as possible; 4) don't restrict your calories dramatically; 5) eat complex carbs; 5) watch your macros (some suggest 30% fat, 30% protein, 40% carb like the Zone diet but I also see recommendations that suggest 5-10% lower fat and 5-10% higher carb.)

HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.