Looking for some convention tips

shanihib

Cathlete
I'm headed to a convention in a few weeks and I need some advice on how to make the most of the time I have until then. We tend to eat heavy and in large amounts while there but I intend on ordering off the menu when necessary, specifically asking for smaller cuts of beef and sticking to lean cuts etc to help. The truth be known though, I'm a sucker for sweets etc.. and once any item is actually ordered and placed on the table chances are I'll eat too much.

So... I'm focusing now on losing the last little bit of weight I put on from the last trip (and from having a sprained ankle that took me out of commission for several months). I've gotten pretty much down to the right weight, but now I'm thinking I could lose a few more pounds in anticipation of what I'll put on, or I could build some more muscle to help burn some of those calories off while there.

What would you do for the next two weeks? More cardio to drop body fat? Or more heavy lifting (was going to do S&H, Pyramid etc alternated with HIIT)?

Any advice while eating out at places like Mortons or Flemings etc? ugh...:confused:

Hi Shani,

I traveled to a lot of meetings and conventions as a pharmaceutical rep, and it's easy to gain a few pounds on those trips because you're always eating out. Here's a suggestion that helped when I traveled. I took along my Cathe DVD's and some resistance bands. I played the DVDs via my laptop in my hotel room and would use the bands as creatively as I could as instead of free weights. I often took Muscle Endurance or Butts and Guts DVDs along with Core Max. I know the hotels have gyms, but I found this was a better workout and more time efficient to fit in between the meetings and the dinners.

Regarding Mortons...just stick to chicken and fish, keep it grilled - no sauces. Skip the fries, order rice & vegies instead. Share a dessert with 3 other people, ect. You know the drill....

I always travel with instant oatmeal so I don't have to eat airport food and I can forgo the breakfast buffet at these things in the morning. Boring...but it works.

Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.