live nearby can i come to the tapings???

sassyella

Cathlete
Cathe, or anyone involved, do you know if the taping are closed or if maybe we lucky ones who live nearby can come to a taping or a rehearsal?? ironically, i was going to come to the gym and take a class this Friday, and I see on the website that you're finally going to begin taping this Friday! How exciting! Anyway, just thought I'd ask...

Hi Sassyella! Thanks for expressing an interest. Our tapings are actually not open to the public, however, it would be fun to have you come take class sometime. If you decide to come, please email a couple of days ahead of time to make sure I am teaching. Sometimes I have to get substitutes to cover, especially through the editing process.

Looking forward to seeing you sometime

:)

thanks for the quick repsonse Cathe. Always an honor to hear from you, especially with such a busy schedule. i will definitely come to a class soon, and will take your advice to email ahead of time. it will probably be for a Friday morning step class or something. (Was also happy to hear that you have childcare at the gym, so I can bring my 9 mo old munchkin). I like so many others are so inspired by you, and I finally have my own success story to add to the mix. I know you don't have a lot of time with everything going on (frankly surprised to see you on forums today at all) so here's the short, short version:

Off work since December 05 to be home with beautiful (first-time) DS. Since that time have lost 73 pounds, dropped 4 dress sizes and I feel fabulous. Owe it all to South Beach diet (my nursing infant), and YOUR phenomenal at-home workouts. I'm now back to work teaching part time with more confidence, energy and pizazz than ever. (Not to mention a "few" new pieces in the wardrobe). :) DH keeps bugging me to do before and afters and I will soon, just so much going on. Anyway, through every crazy hi and lo of my at-home postpardum experience, you were right there encouraging me to do "just one more" rep. And now here I am 8 mos later in the best shape of my life!! Just wanted to say thanks. You're the best, and I look forward to givin you a major high-five in person to tell you just that. :)

Best of luck with the tapings!

sass

Hi Sass-
I just wanted to comment on what a great inspirational story you shared! I just started South Beach (sixth day in) and am really impressed with your results. Any tips to help me?

Again - big congrats on your successful journey!

Jean

Hi Jean. My weight loss success is still so very surreal. I, like you, was asking for all kinds of advice from anyone I could find who'd reached or were close to reaching their goals. it's soooo encouraging to hear that you really can do it from others just like you isn't it? anyway, i have definitely not "arrived", but boy did i make some major changes. still have some loose skin on my tummy from the baby, but i'm told that's gonna take a while to get rid of...

anyway, i went from a size 16/18 to a solid size 8, and to my shock and awe, there are now some 8s that are starting to look loose on me. i'm 5'10", so i appear to be much thinner than i feel i am. people who haven't seen me in a while are running into things trying to find out what i've done.

i can't recommend South Beach enough. i'm not one to say that ONE thing will work for everybody. i'm hardly a professional, even though you tend to feel like one after you do what it takes to destroy bad eating habits. Anyway, i CAN say it worked for me and countless others. Buckle down, stick with it. You'll soon know if it's the plan for you. And know that even when it gets tough, the reward is OH so worth the sacrifice. Take it from me!! I will share with you some tips that worked for me. I'm sure you've heard them b4, but they turned out to be crucial to my success:

1. Partner if you can -- DH helped me (with meal plan and workouts) and our SB-friendly meals became soo routine, we really stopped missing the junk we used to keep around before. It helped to see him packing his protein shakes and healthy lunches every day. Also helps to have that accoutability.

2. Plan, Plan, Plan - I'm not going to lie. Planning meals and menus took over my life. I promised myself when I took off time to be at home, that I would commit to only TWO things -- one, be the best mommy i could be to my son and enjoy every moment of our precious time at home together -- two, get my butt in shape. I would have my son playing in his bouncy chair next to me while I grabbed the laptop and searched the net (and the South Beach website) for menu ideas, tasty tips, etc.

3. Get rid of the bad stuff -- if it's there, i'm going to eat it. period. especially if it's one of my faves. and so, i just made sure it wasn't there. i made a list b4 the grocery store and stuck pretty closely to it. An addendum to this however, is once you pass the first 2 wks of SB, IMHO you should allow yourself a very small indulgence once a week or so (especially if you're diligent with your workouts). For example -- DH and I needed a food night out badly one week towards the beginning. we went to Red Lobster. Somehow, i managed to pass up the bread basket, but we did have a glass of red wine, steak and lobster, and about 5 bites a piece of that incredible vanilla bean cheesecake they have. I made sure to be diligent with my workouts that week, and never, ever saw bad results from our little excursion. :) If, however, you're someone who'd fall off the wagon from a little side stepping like that, then, it's best to not tempt fate. :)

4. Drink a lot of water, and keep up with a balanced cardio/weights workout atleast 5 days a week if you can. there were plenty of weeks that i fell short of that 5 day a week goal. but i just kept at it. i'd just keep going. it's a real high when you finally start to notice results not only in your figure but also in your endurance levels. I remember the first time I attempted Step Blast shortly after Cathe released it. I needed an oxygen tank like 20 minutes into the workout. Not even. About 2-3 weeks ago, I finished the entire workout and the ENTIRE blast. When I was done, i just wanted to fly across the room i felt so accomplished!

Your good habits will all work together for you. the better you eat, the better you'll feel, the more you'll want to eat better, and the more energy you'll have for your workouts. as you continue to workout, you'll see results and that will make you want to workout more. your endurance will improve and you'll be able to go stronger and longer, leading to even better results..... and on and on and on..

I truly wish you the best of luck on your journey. know that you're not alone.... there are so MANY of us out here right along with you! You'll find so much help, inspiration and support on these boards. Cathe is an amazing person, and her board has attracted some equally amazing people who won't hesistate to help you with the answers, inspiration and moral support you need. pls feel free to PM me if i can ever help or motivate on a tough day. trust me, i have them too!

take care, and here's to reaching your goals!

sass

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.