Limitations with Low Ceiling, figuring out which videos to use in this situation

anthony

Hi,
Prior to ordering either of the following sets, I would like to know what limitations would be imposed due to the low ceiling in my apartment. After considering this, please recommend which DVDs would work best in my situation.

Either of the following sets :

All Ten Hardcore DVDs + Hardcore Extreme , Body Blast Series, Or 8 Pack Cross Train Xpress w/ Circuit Max & Cardio Kicks .
*(Also interested in Body Blast Volume 2,should I not purchase the series )

The ceiling is 95 inches in height, while I am 69" . Standing with arms / hands extended will reach to 86 inches in height ( Measurements are w/o shoes ) .

Thanks for your help

RE: Limitations with Low Ceiling, figuring out which vi...

Anthony:

I work out in a basement with low ceilings. I wanted to let you know that some of the arm work while perform propulsion moves is difficult and I modified it. I lower my step height for those particular moves from 8 inches to 6.
I am 5'6" and although I have not measured floor to ceiling, I can do all of the propulsion moves with my ceiling at a 6 inch step height.

Mathematically, I guess that would make my clearance from floor to ceiling: 66 inches (me) + 6 inches(step)+ 6 inches(clearance from the ceiling during propulsion from 6 inch step)...roughly 78 inches! WHEW!!!

Hope I have helped you! It appears that you have a much better scenario than I do and you should be able to purchase any of the DVDs.
By the way, I love them all so I vote for ALL.

Have a great day!

Melissa
Paragonah, UT
:D

I have low ceiling in my exercise workout. I have limited space, so I have to move my step to where I won't be underneath the fan. But still on some workouts I can't lift my arms as high.

kim

Melissa,

Thamks for your reply. I saw so many people pass up my question. I felt that many have encountered this delima. I like your Logo, pretty cool.

I guess the high step videos are out of the question. And should look closer at routines arm work required. Maybe I should start off with Low Max, and the Gym Series. Which videos have you been able to use in your situation. Thanks again, AO

Hi Kim, thanks for your reply as well. Same question, which video do find work. Any comment about the videos Low Max, and Gym Series. Loks like you and I both need a logo. Thanks again for your concern, AO

You should be fine with most of the videos if you are willing to modify a bit. I live in an old house and the ceilings are low. I am estimating, but I am six feet tall and my ceiling in the workout area are 9 feet tall. I have all of Cathe's videos from PS forward and have no issue with doing most w/a few modifications (even high step ones).

The modifications that I use are basically just arm movement changes like taking them a little lower or to the side instead of straight up. I *just make* the tall box climbs on the high step (I have six risers in mine so that adds height also) if I tilt my chin down just a tad. If I hold my head up high, I hit it on the ceiling ;) And I cannot lift my hands above my head (sometimes Cathe does this with weights in her hands) when doing the high step climbs. None of these hurt my workout at all though and I never feel like I cannot do a particular workout b/c of a low ceiling.

Good Luck
Christine :)

ETA - a lot of people might not have answered b/c you are on the "Ask Cathe" forum. The "general population" is over at Open Discussion for answers to these kinds of questions from folks other than Cathe or her crew! :)

I thought I was the only one having that problem. I have high step challeng and that is a challenge to do the arm movements in my basement.

I use all of them. Even the high step ones! Have a great weekend!

Melissa
Paragonah Utah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.