Length (timewise) of Slow & Heavy series?

jeni

Cathlete
Cathe, is there any way you can give us an idea of how long the Slow & Heavy tapes will be? I have been thinking that they will be about the same length as the Pure Strength tapes, but maybe I'm wrong? Maybe they're shorter because they're "Slow & Heavy?" (Although the Pure Strength series is really heavy to me!) Any info you can give would be most appreciated! Thanks!

And it sure would help if it were kind of short, in order to fit in that split twice a week!!!
(supporting you, Jennifer :) )

me too, me too!!

I'm really struggling with whether or not to preorder the Slow and Heavy series. . . I really WANT to (just 'cause they're CATHE!!) --however, once a week per body part doesn't do much for me and with a three day split it is almost impossible to do them twice in a week and still fit in much cardio (and OK, I'll admit it, I'm a cardio lover anyway! Not being able to fit in as much cardio is TRULY a crisis to me!). SO, how long they are (subtitle: how much time they take away from cardio!) is a big factor in whether or not I'll preorder them.

Of course, when push comes to shove, I probably WILL, just because how can you NOT preorder Cathes?? I just can't imagine!:)

I have some of your tapes but I do not use them very much. Sorry. :( Not because I don't like you, but basically because I don't like step very much and I do other videos more often. But I think there is a real need for this type of workout on video and I would purchase it if it met my needs.

What I need is a short, slow split body workout. One where I could lift over 25 lbs for my biceps. As far as I know there is NO video that gives me that kind of a workout. Corey Everson comes close, as does Gilad, as does your PS series, as does some of the Firm tapes. But nobody does it slow enough.

I would like to be able to do it in around 30 minutes, then I could add these strength workouts to my cardio days. I would like to be able to work upper body one day and lower body the next day. If it takes longer than 30 minutes or so I probably won't buy it, because I just don't have the time for longer workouts and I'm better off doing a tape that combines cardio and strength on the same workout.

I hope this makes some sense to you. I thought you might want to know how I, a casual Cathe customer, might feel about what I would want. Thanks for the opportunity to give my opinion here!

don't make them too short

Hi Cathe,

I just wanted to say that I am so looking forward to the new tapes. I'm a dedicated fan!! :) I was so excited when I heard you were going to be doing a slow and heavy series. I hope you don't sacrifice any of your great ideas to shorten the workout length. I would prefer a difficult muscle building strength workout, that really leaves me feeling worked out!! Since I end up feeling this way from all of your tapes anyways I'm sure this won't be a problem. I just wanted to add my two cents. Thanks and have a great time with the filming. I just can't wait until the end of July. Yippee!!

RE: don't make them too short

Just wanted to echo the "not too short plea"...please don't stone me folks.

As a person who uses Pure Strength as her main source of strength training and who LOVES the split routine..I couldn't be more pleased to see Cathe come out with a another version. I would love to get the most out of this set and would not like to see exercises sacrificed for time. Knowing that it might be slower reps, longer recovery and hopefully..more sets..as it is, it will take a tad longer for each exercise...I'm hoping for a full complete workout from each one.

In this new age of the fitness DVD, we all have the option to shorten/customize our workouts to fit our needs and schedules but if Cathe shortens them..what we get is what we get..there ain't no more.

Like I said, don't stone me..but I'm just tipping the scales for the folks who love longer strength sessions done in a split format. I'm hoping Cathe does a killer strength session out of this series, one that you won't have energy to do cardio with..now that's Pure Strength;-)...OK...now you can stone me:7

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

I agree!! I love the PS Series and I'm hoping that this will be similar in style and time. Maybe, the upper body tapes could be a little longer than the ones in PS........ but that would be all I'd change! Give me an advanced (maybe even more so than PS :)! ) weight workout and leave me dripping with sweat!

Aimee

I just wanted to let everyone know that I would love to give you the answers to all of your questions but I simply cannot at this time. A lot of factors are continuously occuring which directly effect every single question/request that has been asked. Since I do not want to give out faulty information, I just have to hold off for now. Thank you for understanding :)!

I agree! I also want to feel really worked out when I'm done. I know that not everyone has DVD yet, but a DVD player really is perfect for customizing your workout. Just this morning, I only had a half hour to work out, so I programmed a total body PS workout with 2 leg exercises, and one exercise for each upper body part. (and dang if I didn't forget abs! ;-))

Thanks, Cathe, for your response, & yes, I understand. I have been thinking that it might not be too hard to work the "Slow & Heavy" series in on a 3-day (per week) rotation, even if they're a little longer. All I would have to do is add just a set or 2 of the body parts not included in that day's "Slow & Heavy" workout, & those body parts included in the S&H workout would get blasted pretty good. I only work my legs 2X per week since they get lots of work & toning while I do my cardio tapes. I guess I could also do Body Max for my second leg workout on a week when I do the S&H rotation. There's always a way to fit more Cathe into my schedule!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.