legs ache

cdanko

I work out 6 days a week Monday usually a circuit, Tues - spin, Wed-off, Thur cardio 40 min and total body weight, Fri - Kick box and/or spin, Sat -cardio 1 hr, weights 1 1/2 hr, and Sunday - long cardio 1 1/2 hr. I also walk for 1/2 hour 5 days. My legs by the end of the day are so stiff and tired it is hard to stand and get moving. Also driving or sitting for a long time makes my legs ache. What do you think? I love love love to work out but this morning I just couldn't get my legs going. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Cdanko! It sounds as if you may be overtraining for your current fitness level. Definitely take two to three days off and let your legs fully recover (rest even longer if that doesn't do the trick). It is obvious that your legs are fatigued by your comment. After your rest period, try to come back to working out every other day so that your body has quality recovery time before your next workout. You can always gradually add additional days if/when you feel up to it but listen to your body and take it day by day. Also, I wouldn't consider more than 6 days a week maximum at any fitness level unless the 7th day is a very light or leisurely workout. This is beneficial to both the mind and body. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.