Leg Training tapes w/ Power Circuit

WD

Cathlete
I was wondering if it is ok to combine workouts like LL or PS Legs with Power Circuit in one long workout. Would it be overtraining?
Thanks,
Sue

I wouldn't do it.It's too much for the legs in my opinion. I don't even do Power Circuit the day before or after LL or PS Legs.

I would be very interested in Cathe's opinion on this.
I combine workouts like that all the time - I love doing a leg circuit cardio workout and then follow it up with a leg strength video.
Erica

I personally wouldn't combine Power Circuits with the standing leg portions of either PS or Leaner Legs... a bit much in my opinion... I have - however considered adding the lying leg portion of PS Strong Legs to Power Circuits... As a matter of fact-- I was planning to do this yesterday... but ran out of time. ( did some yoga instead)

I'm interested in Cathe's response too - I always follow up Interval Max with about 15 minutes of weighted slow leg strengthening, even though I-Max is a real thigh blaster. Have done that for over a year now, and have gotten nothing but stronger with no joint stress at all.

Annette

Hi Sue! Some people can handle this amount of high stress to the legs and be okay, but overall and over time, I think it would set most up for overtraining and injury. I would say throwing that in your rotation occasionally would be okay to shock your system, just as long as you didn't feel "broken down" after trying it out. Good luck and train safely!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.