leg muscle pain

pomsR#1

I took time off from working out several years ago, I just got started a year ago but I am having a hard time, I have such bad muscle pain in the calf of my legs, I go slow and don't push it thinking I am just out shape and it will get better in time, but it doesn't, I have talked to doctors and they say nothing about the pain, will it get better if I focus on leg strengthing? (Bad Spelling) I am not sure what to do, I want to get back into shape again

What sort of activities cause it?

I run and power walk a lot. if I do months of this and then do a single step workout, my calves will, two days later, be so painful it is hard to walk. But this wears off and I am good to go. It's just a case of not being used to this form of activity after months of another activity.

What's happening with you?

Clare

my calf will hurt in the morning and my ankles are stiff like the tendons are tight or something, but then through the day they feel fine, I work out and I get 5 minutes in and I have to stop to massage my calf and I have to do that throughout the workout, then after the workout they feel fine like they never hurt at all, so I think "OK" maybe it will get better the more I workout but it never does, I am so frustrated by this pain. I will lay down and try to flex my feet to stretch the calf muscles but that still doesn't help, I don't want to stop exercising, I can't stop, doctor told me I have to get back in shape and lose weight.

also, to be more specific on my health, I have Chronic kidney disease and stage 3 of that. and I have high blood pressure so I don't know if any of that plays a part in that and also I have suffered sudden weigh gain and still gaining and don't know why, doctors can't find out why that is happening, I have gained 20 in less than a year

Hi Poms, I don't want to scare you, but please see your doctor again, and ask for an ultrasound on your legs. You really need to rule out DVT ( deep vein thrombosis).
I suffered calf pain for several months in both legs, and kept working out, what I did not know was I had blood clots in both legs and pulmonary embolisms in lungs, which can be fatal.
I'm not saying you have this, but because of the life threatening potential, any calf pain that goes on like this should be checked immediately.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.