Leaning Out Leg's

minnesota mom

Hi Cathe,

I am 5'3 and weight between 120-123lbs and have been working out consistantly for a while now. I have naturally muscular legs and am wondering how to lean them out. My current leg and glutes workout usually consist of smith machine squats (moderate weights), step-ups, plyometrics, walking lunges, leg extensions, hamstring curls, and butt blaster machine. I also incorporate your legs and glute workout into my fitness program. I do about 45-60 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week at different intensity levels each time. What else can I do to really lean out my legs without adding too much bulk?

There is so much information out there that I don't know what's true and tried.

:)

Hi,
Are you able to run? My thighs have always been bigger than I'd like, and for years I did all the usual squats, lunges, low-weight/high rep, high weight/low rep exercises in an effort to lean them down. Whilst these exercises helped, it wasn't until I started running over a year ago that my thighs really started to lean down and I now have some great hamstring definition which pleases me no end ;-)
Kaz

You can try spinning on a low tension (faster speed: higher tension/slower speed would tend to build more).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.