Leaner Legs-More Weight or Less Rests

Cathe:
I've just started doing your Leaner Legs video, and it is incredible! Based on my first two tries, I have had to use lighter weights than I do on your PS Legs tape. I've also had to use the pause button to give myself more and longer rests.

My question is: As I try to improve, should I focus on not taking those additional rests, or should I focus on moving up in weights? I'm an intermediate exerciser (normally use 30 pound dumbbells for squats, lunges and deadlifts). What are the pros and cons of either option?

Thanks for any tips. I'm looking forward to your new strength tapes.

Not Cathe but ;O)

Hi Security,

I'm not Cathe and I hope you and she don't mind me jumping in;-). Just so you know, I'm not a trainer or professional and will only give you my 2cents..as Cathe says "take it or leave it".

I love Leaner Legs. I haven't done it in an age but it is a killer. I generally use it when I'm in the endurance mode...which isn't to often, I'm kinda partial to the rests between sets myself:). But if you really want to reap the benefits of Leaner Legs and get the endurance gains from it..I'd stick to even a lower weight and work up to doing the tape with no rests. Once you hit that point, once you can complete the whole thing with Cathe with no rests....slowly add weight to get more gains from the routine. You'll find it to be a very different workout with no rests.

With all that said..just make sure you feel comfortable with your weight that you use..obviously, if you need a rest take it..but it's a great endurance goal to reach if you can acheive that workout straight through. Have fun!

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.