Klutz needing video advice for cardio

Cathe - I need some advice on what videos would be a good purchase for me. I have absolutely no coordination, but need something high intensity. I love the choreography in Low Max because I was actually able to figure it out and not get frustrated (and even that took a month or two of doing the video several times a week before I could get all the way through without tripping). I have the All Step video and tried for weeks to get that down but end up on my rear more than my feet (even if I take it down to a 4 inch step). I am just not coordinated, but I am athletic (I figure skate). I was recommended from others on this forum for Kick Max, which I found out after getting it thanks to a groin injury late last year I can no longer kickbox as it bothers my groin on the side kicks. I was also reccomended Maximum Intensity Cardio but that is on backorder. Is there anything you can recommend that will have very high intensity cardio or cardio/intensity blasts without too complicated choreography?

Thank You,
Heather

As the Ranking Klutz of the Cathe Forums (or, ForAE for all you lit crit types), may I offer a few suggestions:

Hopefully, you have purchased the DVD that contains Maximum Intensity Cardio, because also on that DVD is the ultimate in basic-choreography-high-intensity step work, Interval Max. The mid-range, aerobic step segments are easy to learn (i.e. if I can learn them anyone can), and the interval blasts send your heart rate, not to mention your thigh muscles, through the roof. If you've bought the video of MIC, then by all means buy the video of Interval Max.

Also consider getting Boot Camp (its companion workout on DVD is Muscle Endurance). Again, through the roof cardio blasts, although there are only 8 1(ish)-minute blasts, on the floor designed for the klutz in all of us.

Also consider getting the DVD of I-Max 2 (its companion workout on DVD is Cardio+Weights), and if the choreo of the mid-range aerobic cycles is too much for you, just put the DVD on the Blast-Only premix. Simpler choreo, high-intensity blasts.

Also consider Step Jump & Pump for its hi/lo sequence. The choreo on the step segment is a little much for me, but the hi/lo is easy to master.

Those oughtta get you started.

A-Jock

A word to the wise....

The DVD with Maximum Intensity Cardio and Interval Max - the Rythmic Step+ DVD is on backorder and has been for many months.

Diane

Thank You,

I have MIC/IMAX DVD on order, but as the other poster mentioned it is on backorder and has been for some time. In the meantime I will go ahead and look into Boot Camp and I-MAX 2. I love Cathe's intensity and find many of my old videos from other instructors are way too easy anymore, but sometimes tripping over my feet gets me frustrated to the point of giving up. It took me a few months to even get the choreography down on Low Max and now I do that almost daily, but need to add some variety. Thanks for the advice.

Heather

It's also nice to hear that I am not the only klutz that is trying to do Cathe's videos. It took me weeks to even learn the low max choreography and I still have to count the steps otherwise I will end up taking the wrong step on the wrong foot and tripping over myself.

I was having a hard time getting the step routines down and I was not in shape like I thought I was. But you will get it and amaze your self each time . you just will not get it at once just like your skating routines.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.