kickboxing-back sore today?

pace1987

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, yesterday I did kickboxing for the first time ever and today I really feel it in my middle to the outside of my back like I did weights, is this normal? I know their is alot of twisting and punches. I loved the workout!

I know from reading this forum for awhile that this is normal for many people, myself included. I never put kickboxing before or after a back workout for that reason.

Yes, it is completely normal. The 'crisp' punches come from the arm, but the back fires it too, the power to throw that punch comes also from the lats (and shoulders). After Cardio Kicks, it is my lats that ache pleasantly all the next day. If yours do too, I'd say you were right on target!!!!

Clare

yup I know what you mean Clare, it is my lats that aches, ouch. I thought maybe I did something wrong. Thanks everyone for responding to my question.

Hi Barbara! You betcha it's normal;-). You are contracting your muscles quite a bit during the punching movements. I'm usually very sore in my lats and at the base of my bicep muscle. If I have not done it in a while, my forearms will sting a bit too. Keep up the great work :)

Cathe, thanks for replying, I hope to see more kickboxing video because after doing yours I can't believe what I was missing:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.