Just ordered Slow and Heavy and Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance DVDs

mkunkel

Cathlete
Cathe,

I just ordered the above mentioned DVDs (had a really hard time deciding between S&H and the Pyramids) and have a few questions about incorporating the Slow and Heavy series into my fitness regimen.

I have just finished my first Pure Strength rotation (loved it!), now I'm going to do a muscular endurance rotation again with Body Max and Power Hour, then MIS. When I start a strength rotation again, should I do S&H first or PS?

Also, when I'm doing a strength rotation, should I stick to doing strength only for those weeks, or can I add some endurance work too?

I've been doing your workouts for five months and I love them, but I get a little confused with so many choices as to what will be the most beneficial regarding rotations, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions you many have.

Melissa

Hi Melissa! Yes, the choices can make it all seem very overwhelming. But the main thing you want to do is define your goals and design your workouts around them. If your goal is increasing strength and lean muscle mass, then you want to be sure that your muscle endurance workouts are not the main focus of your rotation. You may want to only include muscle endurance once a week, as to not interfere with the rest time that you'll want to give your muscles from training heavier.

Also, remember that a rotation does not have to be one week long. You could for example design a rotation that repeats itself every 10 days instead of every 7. If you do this just be sure to factor rest days in every 3 to 4 days though.

Also, when doing your strength rotations, it does not matter which one you start with.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really respect your opinion and you've helped clear up some issues I've had. Now I can't wait to get my new DVDs so I can start experimenting with new rotations! I've had great results with the Pure Strength series, so I'm excited to see what Slow & Heavy will do for me. But I'm a little scared what Boot Camp will do to me...

Thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.