Just discoverer this site!

patti2g

Hi,

My name is Patti and I'm a divorced mom of 2 girls. I have been working out for about 15 years on and off but religiously for the last 6 years.

I have been a firm believer for most of these years, however I didn't feel a challenge and I am certainly feeling somewhat "plateaued", I recently heard about Cathe and I am thrilled at the prospect of finally reaching my fitness goal.

I sound really goofy but - there are so many videos and Dvd's to choose from! Where done a seasoned fitness girl like myself start?
I'm a little overwhelmed.

Any suggestions - My abs are so close to being what I want but I can't quite get them there -- my inner thighs too- other the that I'm pretty sculpted. I do know that Cardio does need to be a bigger part of my life...not always loving the cardio - I really do love strength training!

Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Thanks!

Patti:D

Hi Patti,
I am been around for about three months now. I love this place. There are so many wonderful people to answer your questions, give advice and just plain fun to chat with.
I am not an oldie with Cathe, I used to do Firm too until they went a different route and just are not the same. I think I gave up the Firm in '98. From there I just did this and that until I discovered Cathe. I am working out so hard and am seeing results already (and that is great at my age of 45). I know that her choreography can get really frustrating at first since one is not used to all the moves from doing the Firm for so long, but once you get the hang of it, it is actually fun and I have never said that about any workout.
I don't have all her videos (it is a goal) but I do love Imax 2, LowMax, KickMax, Kick Punch and Crunch to name a few. I have to say too that Gym Style Legs has some wonderful thigh work. All of her workouts are great, you just cannot go wrong with Cathe. I know others will give your better and more seasoned advice from me, just go ahead and ask!
Welcome to you and good luck! I know I am feeling better and looking better after only a short time and I know you will too!

Hey Tallchick,

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and ordered 2 Cathe video's which I should get, I'm thinking by Tuesday. It's pretty funny but, I'm really looking forward to starting but I'm kinda scared! LOL
I have a sneaking suspicion that starting off is going to be a humbling experience for me!
I am, however up for the challenge - and by the way - I'll be 45 in November.

Everyone on these boards sounds great - it's so refreshing to be in a forum with so many smart, funny - and fitness digging women.

Thanks again!

Have a great 4th.

Patti

Two is great,you will be able to try different workouts. I did Step Blast today and Pyramid Upper Body. Three months ago I worked and worked just to get though some of it, now I can get through all of it and I feel soooo much better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.