Inner thigh work - help!

Timber99

Cathlete
Cathe...Hi there! I have a trouble area that I need some help with! If you have a few moments, I would appreciate your input!

I little background for you. I am not new to exercise! I lost 80 pounds about 5 years ago and have been successful in keeping the weight off. I did cardio only (step aerobics at home) for the first 40 pounds. For the second forty, I added some weight work and signed myself up for a gym. I found the Firm workouts about a year ago and found Cathe workouts about three months ago. YOU ARE AWESOME! I have never seen video tapes that give the intensity I get from your tapes!

I am telling you all of this background b/c I want you to know that at one point, I was quite overweight. I seem to never have recovered in the inner thigh area though. MY upper body is looking good, my lower body is looking good, but from my mid thigh to my upper thigh...not pleased! Can you recommend some additional exercises that I can do to help this area? Or am I doomed b/c I was overweight and did permanent damage?

Thanks, :)
Christine

Hi Christine! Congratulations on your accomplishments both in losing your weigtht and then maintaining your loss. :)!

As far as your inner thigh area, it is possible that the skin in this area will always be a problem area for you but I still feel that it is too soon to say. It is not unusal for skin to take over a year to truly firm up when you have lost a lot of weight. Being that you have not been weight training that long, I think you will still see wonderful improvements. At the gym, use the adductor machine a couple of times a week, and in your weight workouts do a bit extra inner thigh work along with your usual routines. Also drink a lot of water and eat well too. Keep up the great work! Take Care!

Congratulations on you fantastic weight loss. Doesn't it feel great? Many years ago I lost 107 pounds and have done a pretty good of keeping it off. My upper inner thighs went from flabby to tightening up but with excess skin. It was a nightmare. Thank goodness it didn't last! Strength training not only tightens up the soft mushy stuff it also helps the skin tighten, but it won't happen overnight. Keep up with you workouts and it will definitely improve. Congrats again!

This is a real problem area for me, also, and for me I've found that the adductor machine Cathe mentioned works the best as well as using a Fitball to simulate that movement at home. That leg mush is a b..ch!

Thanks everyone!

I as having trouble posting so I could not say thank you to everyone who responded to this post! Thanks for the input! As long as I know that it is not hopeless, I am going to just keep going and cross my fingers! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.