INCREDIBLE Results with S&H!

CAFitNut

Dear Cathe,

I just had to say THANK YOU!! for the Slow & Heavy series! I am recovering from recent knee surgery (Sept. 25th) and have been using your Slow & Heavy series to help me get back into shape. I've not been able to do any cardio except my stationary bike, but it seems to be working GREAT with S&H! My physical therapist and Orthopaedic surgeon are amazed at how quickly I've healed and how well I'm doing. :)

I know you recommended short rotations of no more than 3 weeks, but I'm comfortable and easy with this type of focused training and would like to continue for at least another 3 weeks. Will this be OK?

Thanks You!!
Carol

Hi Carol! You may do the series for as long as you can maintain ultimate focus. I'm so impressed with your recovery too. Keep up the great work and positive spirits!

Cathe--I'm echoing Carol's sentiments. For some reason, I've had an easier time with S&H versus say, Pure Strength and the other tapes. Plus I've seen some awesome results in muscle gain and strength. I would like to do this longer than 3 weeks or maybe mix it up a little with some Pure Strength tapes--say each week do 4 body parts S&H, 2 body parts PS, and then Power Hour/MIS/Leaner Legs or Circuit Max.
Thanks so much for creating this excellent series, including Power Hour. I'm so happy that I discovered your tapes because they have made me the fittest and strongest I've ever been in my life! And I'm almost 39 years old.
You are the best! Suzanne

Hi Carol. Sorry to butt in here, but I just wanted to say "hello". It's been a long time since I've seen you post and I wonder about you often. Obviously, your are strong and well and I'm so glad. Hopefully, I'll run into you again. Take care. Robin.

Oh that's GREAT news Cathe! :-jumpy Now I can safely say I'm already finishing up week number 4? LOL!! In the 4 weeks I've been doing Slow & Heavy, I dropped from a tight size 10 to a loose size 8. I can't tell you how THRILLED I am about that! LOL! Talk about gettin' off a plateau! I've been on THAT one forever!

Thanks again!! Can't wait for your next weight workout!

Carol

Hi Robin! Yes, its been a long time since I've FELT like posting to any board. Since January of this year I battled to get a diagnosis for my health problems. In August I finally got it, but it was a heavy duty one. I have Multiple Sclerosis (and advanced osteo-arthritis). The treatment (Betaseron) is self injections every other day. NO FUN! But my body is finally showing signs of adjusting to the medication. :)

You can email me any time!

Carol

>Hi Carol. Sorry to butt
>in here, but I just
>wanted to say "hello".
>It's been a long time
>since I've seen you post
>and I wonder about you
>often. Obviously, your are
>strong and well and I'm
>so glad. Hopefully, I'll
>run into you again.
>Take care. Robin.

Great job! That S&H series is deceptively tough, I think with all the pauses. I feel that I'm not working as hard as I do with the other tapes, but of course I am. I've been doing CTX's Leaner legs and am switching to S&H legs for a couple of weeks...I'm stronger and am keeping the barbell at 60 pounds through the whole S&H legs section! Maybe I'll up it to 65 next time!

I think the best advertisement for Cathe's strength tapes is that Aimee (competition bound) used them to get into shape for a body building contest and came in second! Ms. Cathe really knows what she's doing!

Hi, I'd like to say I LOVE Slow and Heavy too. The pace allows me to use weights, with good form, I just can't handle at a quicker pace. It's one of my faves!

Bobbi

i am about to do a S&H rotation and was wondering if you just did S&H once a week to get the great results or did you do S&H and add on something like PowerHour so that you worked each body part twice in a week?

thank you so much!

I don't know about the others, but I have been doing the series just once per week with cardio workouts between the workouts. So Monday is Legs & Shoulders, Tuesday is cardio, Wednesday is Chest & Back, Thursday is cardio, then Friday is Triceps & Biceps, and Saturdays I usually do more cardio. Today I did Power Hour (light to moderate on the weights) instead of just the usual cycling. But this is the first time I've done that.

Carol

I did it once and once was plenty! My hubby gave my shoulder a squeeze and said, "Muscles!". It was thanks to S&H. I have to work really hard to put on muscle. S&H is the best!

Bobbi

Have question about S&H Legs

I just started using the S&H series as I was in the middle of a rotation with the PS Series (So far, I've only done it twice--once when I first got it and once recently). Anyway, I was planning on posting here to see what other's results have been as I too have noticed that it doesn't seem as if I'm working nearly as hard on this tape as I am on PS and especially not as hard as I am on Leaner Legs. I feel as if I've lost results, but I know that's attributed to the 3 weeks I had to take off when I was bleeding during my pregnancy, followed by a miscarriage.

I am wondering what weight you all are using when performing S&H. I am using 55 lbs., except for lunges. On lunges I drop to 35 lbs. Also, is the reason that Cathe switches to the 40 lb. hand weight on plies because she wants to give our back and shoulder a rest by reducing the load on our back? I've been using my barbell and wondering if it's as effective as the hand weight. I would up my weight to see if I feel like I'm getting a more effective workout, but don't think I can safely lift it over my head, and also don't know that my knees could take it. I think if you are all noticing nice results that I just need to stick with it for awhile and trust that I'm getting a good workout? Were you guys sore after using the tape? I wasn't very sore, but expected to be after having taken 3 weeks off.

And finally, does anyone add step ups or anything else to this tape? What about floor work? And I can't remember if deadlifts are on this tape? Maybe they're on the back tape. I've really had a tough time being motivated to workout lately because my business has been really demanding a lot of time lately. I really need to find a good routine so that the time I am spending working out is providing me with good results--any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Stacey

RE: Have question about S&H Legs

Hi Stacy,
I tried S&H legs twice and just didn't feel like it was working for me, so I just substitute a different leg workout - PS legs or Leaner Legs, or the Firm Standing Legs or Lower Body Split. I was using a 70lb. barbell and still didn't feel fatigued - I think I just need more of an endurance workout - I don't think I can lift enough weight over my head to do a true strength workout. I used a 50lb. dumbbell for the plies and did like the way it felt more than a barbell, but I am guessing that a barbell is fine. Plus, if I remember correctly, it was hard for me to hold the heavy dumbbell!
The deadlifts are on the back tape.
I just love all of the upper body work on S&H, though - it is definitely my favorite way to train.
Good luck!
Erica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.