Increased appetite

Shannon

Hi Cathe and "educated crowd"

Since I have started working out 6 days a week with Cathe's tapes.....I have noticed that I am hungrier! Does anyone else experience this, or is it just my imagination? If it is not my imagination, does this increase in appetite eventually go away? I have kept my eating habits the same (I am on weight watchers and only have 5 lbs to go till I reach my goal weight :7 --so I really don't want to increase my food intake). Thanks so much!

Shannon

Hi Shannon-
Congratulations on getting so close to your goal weight!! Yes, I too have noticed the appetite increase when I exercise more intensely..
You had mentioned you are on Weight Watchers..Is it the 1,2,3 Points system? If it is, you probably load up on the "free" foods...which don't satiate your body for as long as higher fat foods...
I have had some success tempering my appetite by trying to incorporate some high protein stuff in w/ my fruits and veggies...fat free cottage cheese w/ strawberries is a favorite.
Good luck!
Lynn

Hi Aimme

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-00 AT 03:49PM (Est)[/font][p]http://www.angelfire.com/tv/Mariah1161/jeanie2.gif

I'm sorry,
This hit up twice!
Maria

Your body may want more fuel

If you've recently upped your exercise intensity or time, your body may want more fuel. Figuring out whether it needs more fuel is the tough part. If you're losing weight at a safe rate (1 to 2#'s week max), the caloric deficit should be 3500-7000 calories/week. Have you increased your weight training? Your body may need more calories to build muscle.

Contrarily, we all know how tough it is to lose that last 5#'s (or 8 or 10). Your body just might be fighting to hang on to that famine cushion. The high fiber tricks might be just the ticket.

So I've been no help at all! But good luck on that last 5!!

Me too

I have really been concentrating on strength work in the past few weeks. I am *always* hungry!! At first I was alarmed, but I don't seem to be gaining weight. I probably eat every 2-3 hours - but small snacks that contain both carbs and protein. This seems to keep me satisified - okay, so maybe one of those snacks is chocolate! :)

So, my advice is to listen to your body. If you are working harder - it might just want a little more fuel. Just make sure most of that fuel is the good stuff.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.