Imax 2 frequency

3kids

Cathlete
Hi Cathe. I wanted to thank you first of all for your excellent WOs. I'm so glad you are finally doing better. I was wondering how often I could do Imax 2 in a week? I noticed you said 1-2 times per week. Is 3 too much? That WO really challenges me and I SWEAT. I need to lose 10 lbs and I think this would really burn some calories. Thanks for your advice and good luck in filming:)

Not Cathe, but I would say she is reconmending that you do IMAX in conjuction with other cardio workouts. Doing a total of cardio 3 - 5 times a week. That is what I try for. I'm with you though, I love IMAX 2! Have you tried IMAX 3? It is also really good and recently Fitness Magazine said about IMAX 3in a review, that you could burn up to 2000 calories doing it. I am actually trying to pump myself up to doing it right now, just procrastinating online. I ate quesadillas today with lots of cheese.... need to do IMAX...need to do IMAX....:)

I hear ya. Trying to psych myself up too. I'm very tired and had a big lunch:-( Time to do Imax. I have got to get Imax 3 if it burns 2000 calories! Really?!!!!!

Not Cathe, but I wouldn't do IMAX 2 (or other IMAX) more than 2 times per week with at least a 48 hour break in between sessions (for recovery:). Of Course you can do other cardio workouts in between if your body is feeling good (the definition of good varies from person to person- LOL), but don't forget about those muscles}(

I probably will get my IMAX fix tomorrow. Have fun sweating!

I understand that you should do the Imax's no more than 2 or 3 times a week, but I was wondering why you should wait 48 hours between doing it. The first time I ever did Imax 2 I was sore the next day but now that I've been doing it for a while I don't get sore anymore. So does that mean that my muscles aren't really benefiting from it? I don't know. I think I have that old-fashioned mentality that if you're not sore the next day, you didn't work hard enough. Imax 2 is the best workout I have and it's my favorite Cathe w/o. I sweat like a pig during it and it kills me. I was just wondering what the reason for waiting 48 hours is? Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.