I'm in a magazine - with a shoutout to Cathe!

JuliaBelle

Cathlete
Hi Cathe - just wanted to let you know I was recently interviewed by Quick and Simple Magazine about my weight loss. I told them that my favorite video workouts were your Gym Style Series, and they mentioned it in the article.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6101/scan0001kh0.jpg http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7430/scan0002pu3.jpg

I was kind of miffed that they said I use 3-lb. hand weights! I actually use up to 20 lb. dumbells and of course I use barbells too.

Anyway, thanks Cathe for your wonderful workouts!
Julia

Wow, you look simply wonderful!
Nice work and congrats on the magazine article!:7

Editing to add: I just read the article more closely -- can't believe you have a 29-year-old son! :eek: You look about 29 yourself! All the more kudos to you!!!!

Congratulations! You look amazing! How long did it take you to get to your goal weight? Did you do any of Cathe's rotations?
Thanks for sharing!

Belinda

Julia, congratulations, and what a great story! I am so glad you mentioned Cathe and GS in your interview. I couldn't agree more!

Cheryl

>Congratulations! You look amazing! How long did it take you
>to get to your goal weight? Did you do any of Cathe's
>rotations?
>Thanks for sharing!
>
>Belinda

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Belinda - it took me about 7 months to get to my goal. The article doesn't go into a lot of detail about diet, but I would like to emphasize that I followed Atkins by the book, meaning I added good carbs and went through the phases of the plan. Now I eat carbs like veggies, fruit, oats and low fat or fat-free dairy, but I still don't eat sugar, white flour, bread, pasta or white rice.

I really didn't do any of Cathe's rotations (I'm just not disciplined enough :p ) but I rotate the Gym Styles, the Slow & Heavy workouts (can't wait for the new ones!:7 ) and the Pyramids. I also do some of the newer ones like Drill Max, Low Impact Circuit, and some others. I love Power Hour, and still love Maximum Intensity Strength after all these years too!

Congratulations Julia on not only your weight loss but the recognition for your accomplishment! Way to go!!! You look fantastic! :)

Jo

Julia thanks for sharing and going into more details about your diet!
I am going to try to follow the no sugar, white four, pasta and white rice! I love all that good stuff:9 Your are very diciplined!

Thanks again for sharing!
Belinda

hi julia,

i don't post much anymore but i did enjoy reading your story. it motivates me when i see others that have reached their goal and how they did it. awesome job!!!!!

kassia

Wow Julia this is fantastic!!!! Congratulations on your article as well as your wonderful accomplishment. What a nice feature and I'm so glad to see your hard work rewarded in this manner. How special. Thank you too for the honorable mention. That was nice of you. If you'll please send your email address to customer service I will ask them to forward it to me. I would like to thank you on a more personal note :).

As for them saying you use 3 pound hand weights, I can totally relate to your frustration. When I contribute to magazine articles, many times my words are altered or "played with" to favor the liking of the magazine's target audience. x(

Congratulations again Julia
:)

Hi Julia.

Congratulations on your weight loss, you look great! I sure wish I had your diet discipline, that's for sure.

If I were you, I'd write a letter to the editor of the magazine and correct their mistakes. (A lot of magazines include these letters in the front of the magazine). I think it's irresponsible of the magazine to give it's readers false hope by implying that they can achieve your kind of results with 3lb hand weights.

Congrats again,
Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.