I think I'm obsessed with Cathe!

crazystepr

Cathlete
I just have to let everyone know how cool I think Cathe is. :) She is my official idol. She is absolutely adorable and fun--so nice to listen to--and SO good at what she does. One of these days I need to go take one of her classes. I can't even imagine doing that! I'd be so starstruck I know I'd cry!
For those of you who have been on her roadtrips and met her (or met her some other way), is she as nice and friendly in person as she seems to be in her workouts? I'm sure she is. Just want to know what she's like. I also love Cedie and Rhonda. I miss having Rhonda in her workouts so much!
Anyway, these post might seem a little weird or over the top, but I know most of you will understand how much I love her. I won't even do any other instructor's videos...how sad is that!! :)

Crazystepper, that was soooo nice:7 :7 :7!!! I think Cathe would be very happy to read this! Hope your workouts go good!

~Adri;-)

|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

If POSSIBLE, she is even friendlier in person! Very warm and funny too. :7 I had the pleasure of going on the last roadtrip and it was a total blast! Hope you can join us next time that one is planned.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Deb,
That is so great! I checked out your pictures and the one with you and Cathe and Cedie is so fantastic! Thanks for your reply!

Thanks crazystepr!

That is the pic that I have as my screensaver right now! It always puts a smile on my face & brings back great memories when I log on to my computer! Cathe was sooo patient with us all wanting pix taken with her. Flash, flash, flash!!!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Not doing any other instructor videos is not sad, I am guilty of this myself. I actually went out and bought a few different ones just so every once in a while I can shake things up. Well that didn't last long. I honeslty put in one new DVD and I only lasted 7 minutes before I said to myself, "this sucks, where is CATHE!!!"

No one instructs and leads as much as Cathe, she is so percise and to the point and her ques are so easy to follow I think a blind person can do her workout because almost every 2 seconds she is reminding you what to do.

I have tried several different things here and there and I always end up trashing them because nothing measures up to Cathe, her ongoing support during a workout, the perfect ques all the way through, and explaining proper technique, you can't go wrong. Cathe has set the bar pretty high in her industry that I think others have to jump or use step latters to just barly touch her level, but no one else can succeed at her level. Cathe is worth her weight in gold and I too claim that Cathe is my official Idol.

My husband thinks I am nuts because she responed one time to a question I asked, and I printed it out and taped it up to the cabinet where I keep all my Cathe DVD's so I see her warm welcoming response every morning. I even watch a workout of Cathe's when I am running on my treadmil because her energetic words really push me even when I am running. As if she knows I need to hear "your doing great!"

I am also obsessed. I have been doing Cathe videos off and on for about a year and a half and in June began working out more frequently. I just got IMAX 2 and Cardio and Weights last week and LOVE them. There is a DVD I ordered in June from someone else (not step, though) and that instructor seems to think too much of her body! Cathe is GREAT!!

I am pretty new with Cathe, but I have been exercising for a while and tried different things but Cathe is the best by far!! I am in the process of building my collection of her videos because I really enjoy her style!! I am another fanatic!:p

Lisa

I too am obsessed Cathe's workouts. I have been working out for over 15 years and no one has got me into better shape than Cathe. She really makes you push yourself, which my other videos/dvd's were not doing. Now I think that anything is possible. Thankfully my DH is supportive of my obsession and doesn't even think that it is crazy that I want to take a class with her.

I thought that I was the only one who watched Cathe's workouts on the treadmill. The obsession never stops!!!

Lea

I met Cathe and her crew last summer on the Road Trip. They truly are nicer than you can imagine. And so were all the great Cathe-ites I met. We all had so much fun.

Cathe, Cedie, Brenda & Lorraine are just as friendly as can be, and very humble -- it's like they really don't know. ;)

And they all are more gorgeous in person. They actually look better in real life -- can you imagine? :eek: They truly are worthy of all the attention they get. :)

I hope you get to meet Cathe someday. :D

Marla

WOW! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! (Well, obviously not since her forum is so popular!) That's so great to hear that she and all the people who are in her videos are so nice. I just can't get over how much fun she is when I do her videos. I actually smile the whole way through them! She has truly made working out a joy and something that I look forward to. Thanks everyone for making me realize I'm pretty normal with my obsession! :)

I am also a Cathe addict!:D She is totally my favorite. The only other videos I do is Minna 1 minute workout and Patrick Goudea's fittv step and ball routines off of Fittv. But other than that I love Cathe workouts. The music great, nothing is ever repetive and time goes by quickly. All of which I find to be important. :) :) Also her and her crew just seem like people you want to hang out with in your free time. They are people who I think I would be friends with and hangout with. :)

Jenn

I'm right there with you! I love Cathe's workouts because they are challenging, yet she cues so well and is so friendly and encouraging. I used to (8 years ago, yikes!, before my son was born) work full-time as a Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor, teaching primarily Step & Cardio Kickboxing classes, plus training clients one-on-one. Cathe's workouts are the only one's I've found that can match the intensity and fun factor of a live, advanced class. And, when I'm working out w/ Cathe & crew and rockin' it, I can relive just a little bit my 'glory days' of being a top instructor and trainer. Kind of a little walk down memory lane. I've been enjoying my workouts so much that I'm even contemplating renewing my certifications when I move back to the States and getting back into Fitness and Nutrition. Cathe's a great inspiration!

I am sitting here reading these great reponses and actually find myself giggling because I am reassured that I am not as strange as I thought! I too enjoy Cathe so much. I was just telling my husband about the blog and the countdown to the filming.. and he was so sweet in his response, however, didn't have a clue what I was talking about and why I would be even following this as closely!

I too use Cathe when I work out on my eliptical, as she keeps me kicking it up a notch. My kids and husband know that I am always checking on what Cathe is doing on Fitv and then sometimes in the morning when I am not feeling all energized to work out, I will throw a video in when I am working around the house, and to tell you the truth, it puts me right in the motivating mood I want!

I tell you, Cathe has a type of "magic" that makes her "real" to the viewer (and all those that have met her.. I am secretly jealous, but extremely in awe!) and she's not full of foo foo stuff if you know what I mean!

I often thought of writing more in this forum, however, I didn't want to sound "wierd", however as I read more responses, I find that my love for fitness with all of you Cathe's forum subscribers isn't so unusal!

Thanks guys for your honesty and candor!

You are all so very sweet and a BIG gracious hug is coming your way. I read these very late last night and went to bed with warm fuzzies :7 Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your "team spirit" and loyal enthusiasm :*

I was working out on one of the elliptical machines (on the second floor of the gym) when another member bent over to adjust the weight on the lat machine (on the first floor). I said to myself, "I want to have that but!!" The person turned around - and it was Cathe. Talk about lofty goals!:D

I think you have a lot of people with you.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

I have to add my two cents. When I first found a Cathe workout tape it was via another forum. Someone mentioned that they could get a good step workout from Cathe Friedrich. I looked her up and found Step Works. Bought it and it kicked my butt!!!! It was a few tries before I could even do it all the way through and that is when I knew I finally hit gold with home video training. At that point I had just given up my gym membership (the commute and expense - I live in Northern VA, need I say more?) Anyway, it took a while before I found this website and found that she had a SLEW of tapes. I am embarrassed to list all the tapes I have because it says where all my money has now been going over the last year and a half!!!! Anyway, I love this woman and wish I had her stamina. I can hang during the video workouts for the most part (and she inspires me to push myself to the next level, because I just bought IMAX3 thanks to all of your chattings about it and I have only perused it because to try it seems like torture). Yet, Cathe makes me feel as if I can do anything I put my mind to. Thanks Cathe and all you Cathe fans! I'm hooked and can't wait for the new tapes to ship!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.