I hope you

OMG! I hope she makes him do bootcamp! I also hope he's insured because he'll probably drop dead right there.

Cathe,
I cannot think of a better video instructor to show him a little reality. Please do not let him walk the next day (without moaning and grunting that is).
Sheila

Oh this is totally AWESOME!!! When I first read his other article, I said to myself, "He has GOT to try a Cathe workout!!!" This is gonna be great and I can't WAIT to see what happens!!! I loved this part..."In five minutes, she'll have you gasping for mercy." Soooooo TRUE!!!

Oh, and when Art Carey wrote, "scores of exercise videos sent to me by clueless flacks. No Cathe."... He probably couldn't find any Cathe videos on his desk because...who would ever part with one????

Hee-Hee!!

Cathe, please keep us posted!!

Danielle :7 :7

Working out with Art Carey

Hi Cathe!
I heard about this and felt I had to write to you. When someone at VF, from the Philly area, posted Art Carey's column a week or so ago, where he said that people who make and do exercise videos are "morons," I sent him and his editor e-mails, disagreeing with his statement, and apparently many other devoted exercise video users did the same (some more polite than others ;-) ). In their e-mails to Mr. Carey, a lot of people mentioned your videos specifically, so it is really great to see that Mr. Carey is willing to be open-minded enough to meet you and try your workouts. I am happy that he has already mentioned you in his column, and I am hoping that your meeting with him will lead to additional good publicity for you and your businesses.

Although I tried to be polite and factual in my e-mail to Mr. Carey, his response to me was extremely insulting and chauvinistic. So, it is my hope that Mr. Carey is respectful toward you, both in person and in his future columns, and it is my hope that you dig deep into your bag and pull out every torture and punishment that exceeds the Viper, Terminator, Imax 1 and 2, Slow & Heavy, CTX + MIC + MIS + PS multiplied times 367,721 (and don't forget pikes on the ball)and make him do all of it for at least 3 hours in a hot room.

Good luck, Cathe! I'm rooting for you all the way!!!

This guy is in for a major butt kickin! This is just about the funniest thing I've read in days.

I would love to know when this is going to happen--I could drive down & get a good cardio workout from laughing at this bafoon!

"It all started when I expressed the innocuous view that most exercise videos are made 'by morons for morons.' "

How can anyone with half a brain make a statement like that? Surely this was tongue-in-cheek?

Hi Everyone! Thank you for your support. This has become quite an eventful week, hasn't it? I will be meeting with Art Carey soon and will share the details of our workout with you afterwards. Right now I am simply keeping an open mind on this whole topic until after I have met with Mr.Carey. Again thank you:)

Cathe,

I know that you will be extremely professional as always. But I hope you really kick his butt too. Waiting for your report on the workout.

Helen

Hey Cath --

He actually can get away in print with calling you a "Jersey tomato"???

I, too, have no doubt that you will WOW this stellar example of Neanderthalism with your intelligence, beauty, buff physique and professional demeanor and courtesy. There isn't anyone better qualified to put the right face, so to speak, on the video fitness industry, or the whole fitness industry, or just empowered womanhood in general for that matter. I am really glad, woman to woman, that you're our spokeswoman.

But I have to admit that I also hope you just quietly, and professionally, and with a lovely smile on your face the whole time, kickbox and squat his ample tush back to the Stone Ages. May he be "pleasantly sore" for many days!!

Your devoted pal the Georgia peach,
http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

Helen - twilight zone moment. I was going to post your first sentence word for word before I saw yours!!! I know Cathe knows exactly how to handle this. :)

Julie

My husband said I should let Mr. Carey know that we do Cathe together & he may eat his words. I think I'll let the good Mr. Carey find out for himself what a home video can do for you!

Oh this is soooo good. Can't wait to hear the results!

Also, loved the letter he posted from Brandi - that was fantastic!

Hello all,
I haven't posted here in ages (I regularly lurk), but I had to chime in on this one. Here would be the perfect opportunity to get some blooper outtakes everybody has been asking for. If he consents, would you video tape this meeting for all to see?

DeQ

I must confess I have mixed feelings about this whole controversy. On the one hand, I'd love to see Cathe kick Art's well-larded tookus, but on the other hand, I'm reminded of George Bernard Shaw's comment,

"Never wrestle with a pig. The pig will have fun, and you'll just get dirty."

Whatever happens, GO FOR IT CATHE!

A-jock

I hope Cathe makes him do a hundred terminator climbers....then a bunch of those airborne jumps...throw in some of those pikes on the stability ball....revenge is sweet, isn't it?

Then again, once he is thoroughly beaten down, he'll probably just find something else to talk cr%p about.

i would like to see pictures...

I just hope he knows he's gonna need to have a SWAT team and 3 Green Berets to whip his A$$ into good enuff shape to make it thru this.

Hey Cathe put him thru Power Hour, Boot Camp, and then MIC. That should fry his fanny to a crispy critter!!! }(

Edith

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.