I did it!

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Hey all! It has been a LONG time since I have posted...but I wanted to come on and say the I passed the ACE Personal Trainer certification! That's part of why I've been gone! I must say that trying to study with a new baby (ages 3 months to 5 months while studying) was QUITE the challenge.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share with this awesome network of fitness enthusiasts!

jeni

Hi Jeni! Congratulations. Wow, that's a tough test and I can't imagine trying to do it with a baby too. I'm thrilled for you. Please be sure to let everyone know in the open discussion forum too. I would hate for them to miss out on this exciting news:) Good Luck!

Can anyone tell me the best way to get certified and wha company to use? Also, is there any good home school options?

Thanks!

Congratulations on passing the ACE personal trainer exam.
I am sure it was not an easy test knowing ACE.

Sheila

Also, the ACE exam is a home study course but you have to take the test in a specific place near you (hopefully near you, mine was in Boston which is reasonably close to Hartford, CT.). Their website is: http://www.acefitness.org/
Good luck.

Hi, my name is Angie and I have two small children, and I was impressed with your getting your certification. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me, as I am trying to get cert. I ordered books thru ace for group instructor, and for personal trainer. Let me know what the test was like, and if there are any books I should read prior to taking the test, things like that. OH, I know, have you found a job as a personal trainer, and what is the pay like, if you don't mind saying. I understand if that's too personal a question. Anyway, let me know....thanks!

Hi Angie G! There are actually many fitness enthusiasts on our forums who have gotten their fitness certification. Please be sure to post your question in the open discussion forum so that you do not miss the opportunity to hear from them. Good Luck with your certification :)

Hooray for you!! You did it with a new baby!! You are truly amazing.

I am studying for the May 14th exam in between my chauffering duties for my kids (12 and 9). I have to say, I'm nervous but I keep at it and visualize a positive outcome. I am also doing an "internship" with another personal trainer as I don't have a fitness background (I'm a former engineer).

I find that exercising with Cathe really reinforces my studying. She is so great about providing information about what muscle groups are being worked and now I understand more about what's going on with my body while I work out.

I still can't believe that you did this with a new baby. I am in awe. You should be very, very proud of yourself!!

Wish me luck!!

Lois

RE: This thread is two years old

Ooops! Didn't notice that Wendy! That means her baby is 2 1/2 now! Hey Jeni~You still around and how is the PT-ing going???

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I think she meant she has one baby...3 months old when she started studying and the baby was 5 months old when she took her ACE exam. I think that is what she meant....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.