How often should I work abs?

npjp

I am a mom of 2 small children and the only trouble spot left is my abs. I don't know how often I should do ab work. Do I need to give them days of rest like the other muscles or should I work them some everyday? Please help!

Not Cathe here but figured I'd chime in with my 2 cents.

I've worked abs every day, every other day, and just a couple times a week and ya know what? It all worked fine providing my diet was good! That's the key to getting good results in the abs.

The only thing I wouldn't suggest is doing weighted ab work more then a couple times a week.

HTH!:D

I'm not Cathe, either, but I've had the same results as Wendy. It doesn't seem to matter if I work my abs 5 or 6 days a week or just 2. If my eating is on track, then my abs are flatter. So, I now aim to work them 3 times per week, but if I only get in 2 times, I don't sweat it.

anne

I agree with the above posts. It's all about what you eat, and cardio (for me). My abs look their best when my eating is totally clean and I'm doing 2-3 days HIIT cardio. I do a lot of kettlebells, and they work the core continually. I'll go for weeks at a time and not do any dedicated ab work, yet my abs will look better than ever.

definition or strength?

For strength just once or twice a week should be fine. Its the diet/slimming that you get from the right amount of cardio, enough good fats/protein that produces definition.

I'm not Cathe either lol!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.