How much is too much??

msox

Cathe or to whom ever will listen,

I have been working out for many years, thanks to my mother and her Jane Fonda videos. I have a little 12 week program I have put myself on to get myself motivated to lose 16 lbs.
Here are my stats: 148lbs @ 5'5, Body Fat % 23.3.
I just started on 7/25/06 and I'm already really sore!!!
I am alternating Boot camp, muscle endurance, power hour as my cardio 3x wk.
The other 3days I am running 3 miles and alternating super sets, pyramid upper or lower body routine.

My question, Is it too much?? I eat clean 5x a day, I've even tried eating up to 7x, but that was too much. Also I intake about 1400 cal on the non-run days and about 1600 on the run/build days. And of course I drink lots of H20. Also I recently cut out the beer on the weekends.

I'm pretty good at sticking to it but I also tend to overtrain.
Any advice is welcome

Thanks to all
Marci

:7

>I am alternating Boot camp, muscle endurance, power hour as my
>cardio 3x wk.
>The other 3days I am running 3 miles and alternating super
>sets, pyramid upper or lower body routine.

Boot camp, muscle endurance and Power hour aren't cardio workouts (ME and PH are definitely not, BC is 1/2 cardio, half weigths).

Sounds to me like you aren't allowing your muscles enough time to recover. As a general rule, you should leave 48 hours between working the same muscle group.

Also, your calorie consumption seems a bit low for this much activity.

I totally know how you feel. I'm a 14 year old gymnast, and I work out for 4 hours 4 days a week, and the other 3 days I work out at Bally Total Fitness for about 3 or 3.5 hours. and if for some reason I can't get to the gym, I do like 4 or 5 Cathe workouts. I KNOW for a fact I overdo it, and I work every muscle basically everyday, but I've been doing it since I was about 9 or 10. I'm just used to it. I know I could eat more too, especially since I'm still growing. But I know how you feel. Just one question... Do you ever feel tired the next day, or during your workouts? I don't (usually) but if you do, than you KNOW your doing too much. That's what my Mom tought me, and I definatley trust her. She's really into what I'm doing, and does it with me too.

Hope this helps,

~Adri;-)

Actually I feel the opposite, I have to keep myself active or I get bored then become too tired. I am now almost 27 with two young boys. I was a gymanst for 13 years and I have to admit I miss those long workouts. I am a stay at home mom and I think it is very important to keep up with my kids. I do allow for a 1 hour nap for my body to get extra rest.

Thanks for the replies

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.