how to lose wieght and inches in 3 weeks??

Sammy17

Hi Cathe i was woundering how to lose like 10 or more pounds and a few inches and get toner for the fourth of july weekend can you give me some tips and maybe some excersize routine please thank you

Clearly not Cathe but a GREAT program for a quick fix or to break a plateau: David Kircsh's Ultimate New York Body Plan. Pick up the book, follow the eating program to the letter (it's only 2 weeks) and substitute Cathe's workout - you'll be amazed. Warning - IT IS TOUGH! But he sells it as the program to follow when you have a reunion or family wedding coming up and need a quick boost. Good luck.

Do you think that would work for just busting through a plateau even though you're already doing Cathe's workouts?

ang :)

I KNOW it does. I did it in February to break a stubborn plateau. I was a firmie but discovered and started doing Cathe's stuff at xmas. Combining his program with my own substitutions from Cathe (and at that time I only had Intensity and a few Body Blasts) I dropped 8 pounds - enough to get me going again. AND - it's very informative. But it is hard - no sugarcoating that.

Lorrie

Lorrie, can you give us a specific rundown of what you ate? When and what. I'm going to the beach in three weeks.

I know the basics of the plan...but I'm hoping you can provide a little more detail.

Thanks...and congrats on the 8 pounds! That's awesome.

His plan is quite simple. A,B,C,D,E, & F. Off limits are:

Alcohol
Bread
Starchy Carbohydrates
Dairy
Extra sweets, sugars, or substitutes
Fats and Fruit

Yes, no dairy, no fruit. Peoply on this site have criticized that before, but that's what it is for 2 weeks. So essentially you're eating lean protein and veggies. A typical day for me would be:

B: 2 egg whites with salsa, 3 pieces turkey bacon
S: protein drink (before a workout)
L: salad. Arugala (YUM), red bell peppers (more vitamin C than OJ), hot pepper slices, and chicken, all topped with olive oil. (Note* I usually get the canned chicken and saute it in some olive oil, throwing in a handful of roasted almond slivers. I make 2 cans at a time and just store it in the fridge. Then every salad I top with chicken for a dose of lean protein.)

S: almonds (a mere 7 of them)
D: either a second protein drink or a lean meat (poultry or fish) with a steamed green veggie.

Oh - and no coffee. Green tea in its place. That was my hardest adjustment because I love coffee. But even now I've really made the switch to tea and I see a big difference.

That's it. It's low on calories and not too big on flavor either. But it's only 2 weeks and I guess you have to ask if you can follow that for 2 weeks for the trade off.

About 4 days. Then you really start adjusting and you think - well, it is only 2 weeks. I always likened it to Cathe's line in Boot Camp where she says "Just tell yourself you can do anything for a minute". After that 4th day, I was getting used to this concept of very clean eating and very rigorous workouts, and I decided I could do anything for 2 weeks (diet wise) You really feel quite accomplished at the end. :)

Lorrie

This is SO South Beach Diet! No a bad way of eating really but carb restriction is difficult in the beginning. You may feel week, tired and crave sweets. After about 4 days your body adjusts!

Anyone have a roatation to work this diet for two weeks. I have just about every Cathe workout and I love to get a couple of runs in during the week also. Thanks for all and any help.

Dawn

>That's it. It's low on calories and not too big on flavor
>either. But it's only 2 weeks and I guess you have to ask if
>you can follow that for 2 weeks for the trade off.

Hi Lorrie,

I had to stop working out for a month because Iwas sick with Dengue Fever. I lost weight during my illness, but put it all on and more after my recovery. I did not work out for 6 weeks after the fever ended. I also felt compelled to eat everything in sight - which was probably the factor that contributed most to the fat/weight gain.

I now need to lose 4.5 Kg. I am back to eating clean (balanced carb+proteins+fats with lots of fruit and veggies) and working out regularly. I was reconciled to losing slow and steady until I read your post.

My concern is as follows: I can imagine sustaining this eating plan for 2 to 3 weeks. But defintely not forever (I do not eat meat or seafood, so my main sources of protein are egg-whites, fat-free dairy and soy based stuff). If I go back to eating clean but with carbs, dairy, fruits, will I put on weight again? How long ago did you do this program. Are you back to a normal diet? Did you notice any weight gain thereafter? I dont want to set myself up for a yo-yo.

Thanks.

Vrinda

I'm going to start is 2 week plan but I've never tried protein shakes before. Could you please recommend one that you think is good? Thanks.

Coming in a little late on this comment, but with the elimination of carbs your energy levels drop considerably. I tried South Beach and after one day of no carbs I didn't have enough energy to complete a workout I usually had no problem doing. How did you push your way through that? Or did you lower the intensity?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.