How hard should I workout if I want a muscular toned body?

make_me_sweat

Right now, I am working out with Cathe once a day/5x's a day. Should I do more as I already feel fatigued? I just started exercising and jogging last year and I am still not seeing bulging muscles on my legs or anywhere else for that matter. I do the weight lifting in the cathe exercises, but I have never exercised my arms much except for lifting bags of groceries out of the car and I cannot do one push up unless my knees are bent and then I can only do about ten...I feel ashamed!!! So when I workout arms like when I do the tricep/biceps workout for example, I usually have to go 5 or 10 pounds less than what Cathe uses, and I am getting frustrated. I pushed myself today to increase the weights and pulled a muscle in my neck.
Any workout suggestions would be appreciated.:+

Be patient, eat more protein 5 serving of 15-20 grams a day will do it, and increase weight but use proper form. Never sacrifice proper form to increase weight. Cathe didn’t get where she is in one year.
Life is good.

199/154/125

Never feel ashamed of what you can do- be proud that you can do 10 push ups on your knees. Push ups are hard!! As already said it's not the amt of wt it's being able to use proper form with the exercises first- even if that means using no wts for a while!! You will get stronger!! Keep it up!!

catherine

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement! I will keep the workouts going. I guess we have our "weak" days and our "strong" days. I did managed to bypass the flu that was going around in our home. I am the only one that didn't get it, and the doctor said, "I was doomed to get it". What does he know??? Guess I have the Cathe workouts to thank that I didn't get it. I might not look as strong as I'd like now, but strong enough to not get sick from the flu.
I do feel like my body is firming up quite nicely, but perhaps I am expecting perfection, and expecting it now! Funny how you can walk around feeling like you have two duck pin bowling balls for your butt and when you look in the mirror you don't see 'em, but you know that sooner or later the muscle will push its way thru. At least the cellulite is gone so I have accomplished something so far.... and for most women, that is an amazing accomplishment! Also doing the low carb thing too, but sometimes is hard around friends and family who keep pushing the wrong foods onto you.
Anyhow, thanks again for the thumbs up and good luck to everyone!

it does sound like you've accomplished alot!! Being "cut" from what I understand is a difficult thing and takes lots of discipline. And for some genetically not very possible. I have decided to just keep pushing myself to do better and work with heavier wts till I hit my max and just be happy with that and the way I look. And you are soooo right we do have weak days and strong days. some days I feel like I can conquer the world others I feel like it's a major effort to put in my dvd to workout LOL!!

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.