How to get in shape for my wedding

L

LoriS

Hello Cathe and everyone

I just got engaged :-jumpy. I want to lose 40 pounds or as much as I can by the wedding date (around May 2002) and keep it off for good. I was hoping someone could help me set up an exercise schedule that involved Cathe tapes and some jogging so that I could lose about 1 lb/week.

I would say I am an intermediate exerciser. I was somewhat advanced until I had a knee injury a while back. My knee is recovered but I never quite got back on track and my aerobic capacity has diminished a bit and I am modifying often. I have about an 1 to 1.5 hours a day to devote to exercise and more on the weekends.

I have all of your tapes except for the early ones and am ordering the new tapes when they are released. I want to pay extra attention to the upper arm area since my dream dress is either strapless or spaghetti straps and I have chubby upper arms.

Thanks for all of your help. I knew I would get all the support and motivation I need by posting here.

Wow LoriS!! Congratulations!! How exciting!! Is it going to be an outdoor or an indoor wedding? I'm nosey, sorry. Ok, anyway since you have about 10 months, you've got a great shot at making your goal!! I have 2 suggestions in mind for you, maybe there'll be one that clicks for you, maybe not. Or Cathe will probably have an awesome one for you when she can answer this!!
Anyway, here are my suggestions:

MON- BodyMax
TUES- Jog (I don't know how long or far so I'll just say....30min.)
WED- CircutMax
THURS- Jog 30min
FRI- MIS
SAT- CardioKicks
SUN- Rest and yoga

OR......

MON-PS SLA
TUES-Cardio Kicks
WED- PS CST and Jog 30min
THURS- PS BBA and StepWorks(or any other cardio tape)
FRI- Jog 30-45min
SAT- MIS
SUN- Rest and yoga

Ok, well those are my suggestions. I hope I helped ya' some!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN:)!!!!!!

Aimee

Hi Lori! Congratulations, how exciting! I remember getting engaged and walking on clouds for the next few days as I shared the news with everyone. It is one of those very special moments in your life that you'll never forget:).

As for your workout schedule, it is wonderful that you are being so smart about this 40lb goal and giving yourself 10 months to reach it. That is the best way to go about it. I would also strongly suggest that as you introduce jogging and other activities into your weekly rotations that you do it in small stages. Diving in too hard, especially at the beginning, could bring on an injury and therefore, a set back. I know that your mind is ready to go but your body needs more time to acclimate. Be sure to take one full day of rest per week, drink plenty of fluids, eat a healthy and balanced diet, and sleep well too. Try to stay stress free too (I know, almost impossible during the intense planning stages of the wedding :)).

Stage One: Do this for three weeks to acclimate. Do only as much as you comfortably can of any of the mentioned workouts. Be sure to thoroughly warm up and cool down and stretch with all of your workouts.

Stage One/Acclimation Rotation:

Mon: Jog as long as you can comfortably handle and then stretch thoughly when finished. If you have not gone running in a while, I would not encourage going longer that 20 to 30 minutes on your first run.

Tues: MIS

Wed: Jog as stated above

Thurs: Off

Fri: Step video of your choice

Sat: MIS

Sun: off

Stage Two: Do any of these rotations for as many weeks as you like. Do not exceed 12 weeks on any one rotation.

Stage Two/Rotation One:

Mon: Jog 40 to 50 minutes

Tues: Cardio Kicks

Wed: PS Legs/Ab

Thurday: OFF

Fri: PS CST and a stretch workout

Sat: Jog 40 minutes using intervals of 1 minute fast run or hills and three minutes slower jog to recover. Do 10 cycles like this (don't forget to add awarm up and cooldown).

Sun: PS BBA plus the first two sections of Body max (leaving out the upper body weight training)

Stage Two/rotation two:

Mon: Interval Max

Tues: PS L/A

Wed: Jog 50 to 60 minutes

Thurs: PS BBA/plus stretch tape

Fri: PB CST/Plus 30 minute interval jog

Sat: Step Video of your choice

Stage Three: This rotation increases the cardio a bit

Stage Three/rotation one

Mon: Step tape of your choice

Tues: Power Hour...plus 30 minute jog

Wed: Cardio Kicks

Thurs: Bodymax

Fri: Step tape of your choice

Sat: Power Hour....plus 30 minute jog

Sun: stretch tape

Stage Three/Rotation Two:

Mon: Circuit max

Tues: Step tape of your choice

Wed: Cardio Kicks

Thurs: MIS

Fri: MIC

Sat: 40 Minute Jog plus stretch tape

Stage three/rotation three:

The Cross Train Express Workouts in whatever order you feel most comfortable with. If impact is too much, then only do this rotation for one to two weeks.

Stage Four: Do one of these rotations for one to two weeks to shock your metabolism.

Stage Four/Rotation One

Mon: Slow Heavy chest/back...Plus first half of MIC

Tues: Interval Max

Wed: Slow Heavy legs/shoulders

Thurs: Interval Max plus 30 minutes of stretching

Fri: Slow Heavy bi's and tri's......Plus the first two sections of Body max (leaving out upper body weights)

Sat: off

Sun: Interval Jog 60 minutes

Stage Four/Rotation Two:

Mon: Power Hour...plus first half of MIC

Tues: Interval jog 60 minutes

Wed: Power Hour...plus second half of MIC

Thurs: Cardio Kicks....Plus first or second 5 intervals from Interval Max

Fri: Step Works

Sat: Body Max in its entirety

Sun: stretch tape

Stage Four/Rotation Three
Mon: Interval Max

Tues: all of Bodymax

Wed: Interval Jog 60 minutes

Thurs: stretch tape

Fri: Interval Max

Sat: Circuitmax

Sun: all of Bodymax

This should give you some ideas. Feel free to mix and match if a particular workout does not suit you. Good Luck!

Thank you so much Cathe and Aimee. This is wonderful. I can't wait to get started. Believe it or not, I thought of your wedding tape almost instantly after the initial surprise/shock/joy/intense high was over and started the planning, but then thought I might not make it through without starting to tear up and and before you know it I am on the floor balling my eyes out.

Thanks again, Cathe, for taking the time to respond.

Cathe, it's so cool that you take the time to go into such detail! We appreciate your caring!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.