How do you maintain Cathe?

Mic

Cathlete
I read how you increased your protein intake lifting hard while preparing for this hardcore series and you really trained hard. I'm thinking you increased your calories in order to put on more muscle and then towards the end you worked on burning the fat. What I'm interested in is, how do you maintain? I wouldn't think you lift as heavy, but is your caloric intake still the same? Very interested in knowing because I'm trying to up my calories(in a clean way) in order to add some muscle size. Thank you.

Hi Mic! I'll be honest with you, I'm not a calorie counter. Over the many years, I have developed a very keen awareness of how my body operates and what it responds to. On just about any given day I can pick and choose my food and know how much (down to the mouthful)will burn off and what will remain. Of course this intake fluctuates based on my activity level for the day too. Btw, this awareness doesn't apply to that time of the month, when fluctuating hormones like to dictate, ha.

I also know my limits with junk food, again, how much will burn and how much will remain, but I can't always say that I listen to my "internal stop signals" when something is especially yummy ;)

As far as how many more calories and or protein you need to increase to support muscle growth will be trial and error. Depending on what you are eating now, you may not even need to increase but rather change around what you are eating. Because everybody's metabolism and genetics are unique its so hard for me to give diet advice. I suggest going to a registered dietician or qualified nutritionist to help you with these decisions. A personal trainer with a strong/qualified background in nutrition can be helpful too.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the information, I hope one day to be able to know my body that well, I will admit the fitter I become the more intuned I get with my body. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.