How do you get rid of those handles?

Weezie

Hi Cathe!

I have been doing your step videos, along with tae-box classes, for many months now. I just don't know how to reduce the fat from one area in particular...the fat that gathers on the side of the stomach and the hips. I do my cardio and crunches that seem to target my abdominals and obliques but I can't see much of a difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....it is becoming very frustrating. It just doesn't want to go away. Thanks for your help.

Hi Weezie:

I'm not Cathe, but I understand where you're coming from. My legs always used to be my hardest area, but after having children, it's my mid section. I really didn't think that I was ever going to cut threw the mid pudge. I decided to take up jogging, mainly because Cathe's videos have made walking not intense enough and I wanted to be outside while the weather was nice. I didn't do it to try to cut through my mid pudge, but to my surprise . . . I'm finally seeing some great progress in the shrinking of the pudge. My legs are really looking awesome and my mid section is finally SHRINKING. I still do Cathe's strength tapes and when it rains, I do Cathe's cardio.

I don't know if this helps, but for me it finally brought the progress that I thought would never come to me.

Just my thoughts.

Keta. :D

Hi there,
I agree with Keta that running definetely helps get rid of the stubborn fat on the tummy. I work out a lot (including running), but I still have a pooch. I worked and worked at it, and it did get smaller but it is still there.

In my family, everyone is well over 200 lbs and if you have a genetic predisposition to store fat there, it will be very difficult to get rid of. I gain in my tummy, hips, and thighs, but no matter how much I slim my legs and hips, my belly is always a problem.

Acceptance that you may never have a six-pack is crucial. I came to terms that this is the way it is going to be, and I will just do the best I can. I do noticed if I drop my carbs really low, that my belly gets flat. The down side of that is I become so low on energy that I can't even work out, and I am crabbier than anything. I just try to eat healthy, (most of the time), and keep up with my workouts. I am by no means overweight, but I still have the tummy jiggle. I know keeping your sugar intake low helps, but I am a sugar junkie and I enjoy my treats. It is my choice, and I live with it. The key is also to build muscle all over while keeping up with regular cardio. Spot reducing doesn't work, but having more muscle eats up more calories.

I don't know if this answers any of your questions, but this is just my experience with it.
Take care!
Christine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.