Hitting each muscle group

katia7

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I noticed you've said to hit each muscle group twice a week. Right now I work 1 muscle group per day (using weight sections from CTX series) which comes out to training each muscle group once a week. I was wondering if this is enough or should I be training each muscle group twice a week? My goal is to loose some fat.
Example of my rotation:

M-- IMax2 + back
T-- off
W -- Leaner Legs + cardio segment from CTX All Step +abs
Th--Cardio Kicks +biseps
F--IMax2 + shoulders +abs
S--Powerstrike + chest
S--Rhythmic Step + triceps

How does this look? Anything I should change?

Thank you so much,
Katia

You're amazing doing all that cardio and weight work.

How long have you been doing that rotation? Have you noticed any muscle gains, or just maintenance?

Thanks RhiannonW,
I've been doing this rotation for about a month. I'm pretty good on cardio, but just recently added weights (so I use only 5#, 8#, and 10#). My body does seem more toned and I am able to complete almost all of the intervals in IMax2 now (all but 1). So I guess it's working. :D

What would I do without Cathe?

Katia

Hi Katia! I noticed that you said you have been doing this for a month and most recently added weights. You mention that you are seeing good results so stick with it a little while longer. Eventually you will need to change some things to keep making progress. Being that you have a lot of cardio this go around, for your next change you may want to the following:

Mon: 30 minutes Rhythmic Step plus first three body parts of CTX Upper (skip warm up and do back, chest, and shoulders)

Tues: Leaner legs plus abs of your choice

Wed: CTX All Step plus Abs and then CTX Upper(Biceps and Triceps and stretch)

Thurs: Imax 2

Fri: Off

Sat: Pyramid Upper Body

Sun: Pyramid Lower Body plus the first 30 minutes of Cardio Kicks

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.