HIIT vs. Circuit

janeann

JaneAnn

I am new to these terms.... what is the difference between high intensity interval training (HIIT) and circuit training? What would be more effective for weight loss and aerobic conditioning? Would you suggest alternating: i.e., one day doing HIIT, then the next doing circuit training (for 6 days per week total)?

I love weight training, especially the way you (Cathe) format it (I'm referring to High Step Challenge and Butts and Guts), and I also do the "Cardio Drills" (sometimes twice in a row) from the Cardio Fusion DVD. I wonder, however, if this is enough cardio work. I am not a skilled stepper-- the choreography intimidates me! I am a former runner, and still run occasionally, but I would like that "runner's high" from a Cathe DVD, if possible!

I am so very happy I came upon your DVDs, Cathe! I sent away for a catalog of fitness DVDs, and your name kept recurring! It was so clear in reading reviews of your work that "Cathe is the most challenging!" That's what I was after! For many years I thought home fitness videos/DVDs were kind of lame! Was I wrong!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.