Hi Cathe

Hi Cathe,
I love, really love your enthusiastic workouts. I also love Gay Gasper. The two of you not only talk the talk, but you walk the walk too. Your gorgeous bodies show that you know and practice what you teach. I do have a question though. I am an AFAA Certified Aerobics Instructor. When I got certified in step, they told us to use music ranging from 122-128 bpm. I love you music and enthusiasm. How fast is your music? Where can I get it? My favorite music sources are Dynamix and the old Power Productions.
Gay also has great music, but I have been able to find some of her’s at her workshops, MuscleMixes, etc… Keep up the good work. One day I will have a gorgeous body like You and Gay.

P.S. I was impressed to hear that your husband is a State Trooper. I am a Raleigh, N.C. Police Detective (-: :-
Take care, Adrienne Brooks

Hi Adrienne (Detective Brooks :))! So nice to hear from you. I'm so glad you are enjoying all of your workouts. As far as my music range, it varies greatly from step video to step video (ie: Power Max 126-ish BPM while Body Max is 134-ish BPM). The latest Intensity series are 128-ish BPM's. Since you mention that you love Dynamix and Power Productions, I do know that Power Productions has Super Step Tapes which range from 126 to 134 BPM. Our music is made specifically for our videos and is not available for purchase. If that should change, we will make an announcement on the forums. Take Care and keep up the great work!

Hi, AdrienneBrooks, I'm not Cathe, of course, but wanted to let you know that I was excited to see someone on this forum from Raleigh! So am I! You are the first on in this area that I've seen on the forum. Glad to see that I'm not the only Cathe fan here in our great city. I also wanted to convey to you my appreciation for the work you do as a police detective. I have such admiration for people who work in law enforcement or the military. Thanks for your service to our community!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-03 AT 10:51AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi CynDaVaz. I feel funny calling you that because I don't know if your name is Cyndi or Cynthia (-: (-:. Anyway, Your reply is so sweet. It is not often that law enforcement officers hear that they are appreciated. Thank you so much. I recently became a Cathe fan. Her workouts are so energetic, just like Gay Gasper. I have met Gay and have an autographed photo of us together. It is among my prized possessions. I also would absolutely love to have an autographed photo of me and Cathe. Do you have one? Anyway, it was great hearing from you. Which Cathe videos do you have? I plan to eventually own all of them like I do Gay Gasper's. Take care. Thank you again!!!!!!
Adrienne

Sorry, I forgot to "sign" the end of my forum message. My name is Cyneva -- some people have called me Cindy for short, but that was a long time ago.

I always want to express my gratitude to those in the military or law enforcement, and when I saw that you were in the law enforcement field, I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I was at Golden Corral on Glenwood a couple of months ago and saw a table full of military men eating there; I went over and shook their hands -- each one of them. I was as nervous as could be, thinking that they would believe I was some kind of nut, but needless to say, they seemed very surprised by the gesture; it's too bad more people don't take the time to express some appreciation.

That's pretty exciting that you got a chance to meet Gay Gasper and get a photo taken with her. How lucky for you! No, I do not have an autographed photo of Cathe -- that would be super cool to have, though. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever be able to meet her, unless she came to my house or something. :-rollen

I am also fairly new to Cathe -- I knew who she was for a long time but wasn't interested too much in her step videos. Then I was on a forum for people who like to use exercise videos made by The FIRM. I've been FIRMing for quite awhile. Anyway, I kept reading about how great she was and how kick butt her videos were, so I came to her website to investigate further. That was only a few weeks ago. Since then, I've bought almost ALL of her videos. I am SUCH a shopaholic! The only videos I DON'T have are: Rhythmic Step, the Cross Train Express series, Step Works, Maximum Intensity Cardio, StepFit, PowerMax, Step Jam, and StepMax. I'm expecting my last shipment of Cathe tapes tomorrow! :-jumpy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-03 AT 04:12AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Cyneva,
What a pretty name. I too am a Firm Believer. When I first joined the police department I was a Firm Finatic. Now I have every tape they have made except the last set of six. I have heard so many negative things about that set. I loved it when they had the classical background with the Southern Charlston,S.C. theme. I did volume 1 everyday. I know it was too much to do everyday, but I did it anyway. I lost so much weight. I could knock out pushups like it was easy as pie. My Chest was tight and my breast stood at attention. I was starting to get washborad abs. Susan Harris is no joke. Did you know she did vol. 4 with Kai Soremekan six months after giving birth to her fourth or fifth child. Her body was hooked just like Cathe's and Gay's. I have been diagnosed with depression. For a long time I did not take care of myself. I did stupid things and now I am so overweight. I think Cathe and Gay Gasper can help me. I want to get all of Cathe's videos. I have all of Gay's. I'll alternate. I am ready to get back in shape. I feel like such a hypocrite when I am the aerobic's instructor and out of shape. I needed something new and motivating. I email Gay all of the time. She is so sweet. She always emails back with encouraging words. Did you see the layout she did in Shape magazine. He abs were slamming. I was also impressed with how Cathe wrote me back immediately. Cathe is slamming too. Her body is hooked!!! She is so energetic. Her music is awesome. I know that I am going to get my washboard abs back with these two awesome personal trainers. By the way, I teach at Rex Wellness in Raleigh, Spa Health Club in Cary (McGregor Village), and the YMCA on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. Are you a member of any of these or other clubs. I also workout at World Gym since they are opened 24 hours Mon-Thurs. They have regular hours on Fri/Sat/Sun. Anyway, let me know if you want to visit any of these clubs where I teach or World Gym. Take Care, and again that you for your kind words of appreciaton. Hope to see ya soon. Adrienne

Hi Adrienne and Cyneva. I just wanted to mention that I live in Chapel Hill so I can cancel you two Raleigh people out! :)

Ok, I'm going to jump in here, not as a North Carolinian (although I lived in Goldsboro for 3 1/2 years while stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB) but because you all HAVE TO GET TOGETHER!!! There is nothing better than meeting someone from the forums. Francine & I live about 30 minutes from each other in NJ & we met this past summer. It was incredible! You get all nervous & excited & then you see this person you've been talking to & its like you've known each other for years!

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!

Deborah
[link:www.mindundermuscle.com/web%20pages/hawver|http://www.mindundermuscle.com/HB.gif]

Hi Adrienne and Cyneva!

Wanted to let you know that I am from Raleigh, too, and am so happy to see someone else from the area that enjoys Cathe and this website as much as I do!

Lori

Hi Mogambo,
What is you name. I am so excited that there are many fans in this area. Spa health Club has one of our clubs in Chapel Hill. Have you ever been there? Check it out. I think you'll like it.
It is good to hear from you!! Take care. Adrienne
:-jumpy.

Hi Lori,
Boy am I really excited to see so many Raleigh fans online. Maybe we can all encourage each other along this journey to stay in shape. It is tough sometimes, even for aerobics instructors :-rollen. Please keep in touch. Adrienne

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-03 AT 01:11AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Deborah,
One of my fellow police officers was deployed from Seymore J. to Saudi Arabia. I am so scared for him. I pray for him that God will keep him and all of our soldiers safe. I am proud of them all. In the midst of the chaos, they ake sure "our flag is still there". It is good to hear from you. N.J. is not that far away. Maybe when we all get together, you and Francine can meet us. Take care and please stay in touch :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy
P.S. I love your website. Those boys are adorable. Yes, I will help. Take care, Adrienne

Hi Adrienne,
Yes, we need to keep eachother motivated! Thanks for the reply and I will stay in touch. I wish I could visit the gym where you teach, but I am an A.M. exerciser (5:00am) and live in Clayton which doesn't leave me much time to get my workout done and on my way to work. I usually run outdoors alternated with videos. What times do you teach classes and what classes do you teach?
Lori

Hi Lori,
I teach hi/lo, step, body sculpting and cycle reebok. I know Clayton is far from Raleigh when you have to work out and go to work in the morning. Have you ever been to World Gym in Raleigh on Wake Forest Road? They are opened 24 hrs Mon- Thurs. They are opened for regular hours on Fri/Sat/Sun. It is good for people who have to get to work early or people who get off late. They have great cardio equipment and state of the art strength training machines. If you want, one morning we can meet there and you can be my guest for a free visit. Let me know. See Ya!!!!
Adrienne

Hi Adrienne! My name is Liane, and my daughter belongs to Spa in Chapel Hill, but to tell the truth, we don't like it. It is very crowded, long lines for machines, have to get there an hour early to take a spin class. The place is across from the Chapel Hill Senior Center too, and so the treadmills, machines, weights are swarming with very old people moving very very slowly. I went there a few times just for spin and aqua aerobics, but there are better clubs in Chapel Hill. It's good to hear from you!

Liane

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 03:27PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Liane,
Thanks for writing. We don't have too many problems at the Cary Club, I'm not sure about North Ridge. I hope some of the Senior Citizen Cathe Fans did not get offended by your phrase "very old people moving very, very slowly". I'm sure you did not mean any harm. I am actually impressed when seniors refuse to give up on their health and welfare. I do understand your frustration about having to come an hour early for spin class. Ask the manager if you can get a message to our Aerobic Director (Amy Levesque-Corporate Office). Tell her of your frustration about having to come early for a spot in the spin class. When we have meetings we try to do a lot of troubleshooting. I don't think Amy is aware of that problem. Maybe the Chapel Hill Club will consider adding more classes or more bikes if possible. I am sorry you had a bad experience(s), but overall, Spa Health Clubs are great (in my opinion). Again, I 'm sorry you had the bad experience :'( :'( :'(
Take care and happy fitness, Adrienne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.