Help - New to Cathe

Fitness

Please help, I've just gotten back into exercising and have just discovered Cathe's website. I am presently doing 2 or 3 days of step workouts at the 8" level (not Cathe's tapes), 1 day of running (about 3 miles), 1 or 2 days of high-impact aerobics and am incorporating 2-3 days of weight training. I've never done any of Cathe's tapes and so I have no idea where to start - I would like to try a step and aerobics tape as well as a weight training tape. However, please keep in mind that I've just gotten back into working out after a 2 year break, so aerobically I'm doing pretty well - I can do about 40 minutes of high-impact aerobics, as far as weights I'm between 5 and 10 lbs as far as what I use -so please help me pick out some tapes from Cathe's vast selection that wont kill me! LOL After reading the posts from some you all - I feel like a wimp, please dont laugh at my 5 and 10 lbs dumbell usage, I hope to improve with Cathe's tapes. So any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Patti (Trying to get Fit)

RE: I have 3 words for you

Cross Train Express!!! They sound perfect for you!! You'll get step, hi/lo, and kickbox!! Also with each tape you work one body part per tape. You can do one body part once a week or double up the tapes and do each body part twice a week!! They really are great and very easy to modify!! If you don't want a whole series, I would also suggest the Wedding Video(cardio and strength), Step Heat, Mega Step Blast(both of these all cardio, well Step Heat does have abs at the end), MIS(strength), and MIC(now I don't have this tape, but I do know it has hi/lo and step, although I do hear it's very tough). Still my first instinct is to tell you to go for the Cross Train. My gut says that's the ones for you!! Hope this helps!!

Aimee

Cross Train Express - Do you get the same results with a body part each day or is it better to do 2 tapes a day? I currently do the Cathe Legs - Chest/shoulder/triceps - back/biceps/abs 6 days a week - rotating (6 days a week)? Would I be getting the same results if I purchased the Cross Train Express series. Is it better to work out an hour or more 6 days a week or would you get the same results with a shorter workout. Sorry so many questions but any help would be greatly appreciated. This is so great to able to ask questions, it's interesting to see that there are so many women out there with similiar problems. Thank you.

Lorrie

I would recommend Maximum Intensity Cardio and BodyMax. They are both tough workouts. You might want to get Maximum Intensity Strength or the PS series for strength. BodyMax has strength in it too. But, beware...you'll probably love Cathe so much you'll have to have ALL her vids like the rest of us! Whatever you choose I think you'll be pleased.

Andrea

Thought I'd reply since we have the same name! The great thing about the CTX series is that you can tailor the workouts to meet your individual needs. Different body types respond differently to different styles of workouts so I don't think there's any "better" formula. When you begin seeing results you'll know that's what works for you! :) Some people prefer an emphasis on cardio, others strength etc. Personally, I work out 1 1/2 hrs per day,6 days per week. My 5 wk rotation with CTX was to do 1 cardio section and 2 weights sections per day which placed a greater emphasis on strength training. Some people have posted that they do 2 entire tapes a day w/ both cardio and weight sections (wish I had time for this too since the cardio is so fun!):) I found it helpful to write out a rotation schedule for myself using suggestions from Cathe, the posts and what worked with my schedule. Anyway, the point to all this babbling is that the CTX series is a good compliment to the PS series you're currently doing since you work your muscles in different ways than with PS. I also found that after my CTX rotation I was able to increase my weights with PS by an average of 10lbs and my endurance has improved dramatically. CTX is so much fun, once you give these tapes a try you'll be hooked! Good luck and have fun!!! :-jumpy

Thank you so much for writing back. It's very rare that there's many LORRIE's out there!!! I appreciate your help with CTX questions. So, what did Cathe suggest as far as rotational videos? Do you only do the CTX series and how long have you been doing them? Are you seeing results as far as definition and weight loss? I find that the PS series is getting rather boring (especially when you're not seeing that much results).Do you find that with CTX series?

Nice talking to you.

Lorrie

RE: Hi again Lorrie

I only did the crosstrain using 2 tapes a day. Since I haven't done them any other way, I can't say what other results there would be. With me doing 2 tapes a day, I have found that I lift heavier now than before, and I lost 2 lbs and 2 3/4in. off my body. For only doing it for 4 weeks, I was impressed!!

RE: Hi again Lorrie

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-00 AT 11:23AM (Est)[/font][p]Wow!!! 2 tapes a day. That's a great idea. That's just a little more that what I already do. I'll have to shake up my workout starting next week with the PS series and Body Max and some different cardio tapes. Do you work at home? I do, and it makes things so much easier but sometimes it's so hard to get up and get motivated. But, if it works it would be worth it. I haven't gotten the CTX series yet but maybe by Christmas. I use to collect Movie Videos now it seems like I'm more interested in Fitness Videos. It's pretty sad, but that's my only hobby (that and my family).

Hi again Lorrie!

Seems like there have been a million questions on the rotations of CTX! If you look through some of the older posts you'll see many suggestions by Cathe and others. I did a 5 week rotation of CTX doing 2 body parts per day. I'm now doing a 5 week rotation of PS and MIS for strength and Cardio Kicks, Circuit Max and IMAX for cardio. Rotating keeps you from plateauing which will happen if you do the same workout for a long period of time. Since my CTX rotation, I can lift an average of 10 lbs heavier on PS and MIS than before CTX and as I said before, my endurance has really improved. The CTX series has so many ways to "mix and match" that you won't get bored! For me, the main benefits have been obvious cut and definition in my arms, improved strength and endurance. I'm happy with my weight so I wan't trying to lose but others have posted success with weight loss. I would definitely recommend getting the CTX series, not only does it kick butt but it is FUN!!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.