Help me, I can't loose

mustang

Dear Cathe,
For the past 7 weeks I have been meeting with a nutritionist. she has put me on a 1,500 calories eating plan and I have only lost 3.7 lbs. I do cardio 5 to 6 days a week 30 to 60 min. and do weight training(2 body parts a day)I switch up my routine all the time so my body doesn't get use to the same thing. I want to loose 20 lbs but can't budge it. I'm getting very frustrated. I eat salads, tuna, chichen, bran cereal, yogurt,I don't eat carbs at night,I only eat whole wheat no whites.I eat almost the same thing every day, she say's I eat good and some day it will come off. Does she really know? Any suggestions? I have Cedie's body type and I'd like to know how she has done it. She looks great! Any good tips for me will be greatley appreciated. I am very strong but would like to see more definition in my muscles. I would like to know what Cedie's menu looks like and what kind of calorie intake she has. Maybe I should be on a 1,200 calorie diet. Please help, I'm at my wits end.
Linsey

Hi, I was wondering how tall you are. You and I sound like we have similar stories. You'll most likely get negative comments about a 1200 calorie diet, but in my experience it works but with a few modifications. I lose very slowly as you, on a 1500 diet. I do see the weight coming off when I eat btwn 1200-1300 calories. However after a few days of eating that low I feel very tired, and hungry and my energy level falls. At that point I know I need to up my cals. So I eat around 15--1600 cals for about 2 days or so, take a rest day from workouts and go back at it. It's tough, but for me it works when I'm consistent with it. I did try eating higher like it had been suggested to me, like 1700-2000 and I ended up gaining weight. Each person is different. Btw, I'm 5'1". Good Luck. I'm interested in hearing some comments to this as well.

Hi Linsey. Hate to say this - try cutting the dairy and the whole grains from your diet - but keep your calories around 1500 - and consider scaling back your cardio. I'm in your boat - need to drop 20 and am making a concerted effort to cut the cardio back. I worked with a registered dietician last year and packed on 15 pounds of fat - she refused to acknowledge that some items that can be very healthy for many people don't work for everyone. So she had me really focusing on whole grains - and I learned that I pack on the pounds from them. It takes a lot of trial and error to learn what works for your body, but consider those 3 steps for about 2 weeks and then judge your results. Good luck! (BTW - you may want to post this in the open discussion forum - it'll get more attention there. Cathe's pretty busy right now with her new videos.)

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Hi - I lost 35 pounds on an 1800 calorie food plan from my nutritionist while doing 30-45 min of cardio 3-4 times a week with twice a week total body strength training. I'm 5'-8". Now that I'm at maintenance weight my calories have been upped to about 2200 and I do cardio for about 60 minutes 3x/week plus training one or two body parts per day for strength. For me it took more calories to lose because too few calories puts me into starvation mode and I don't lose.

Consider also that you may be changing your body composition - more muscle and less fat may give you the same number on the scale but looser fitting clothing.

Best of luck figuring it out!

Heather

Lindsey -

I am right there with you too! Last year I lost 25 lbs. in 13 weeks by cutting back to 1500 calories and doing cardio 5-6 times a week. Now this year I have been stuck in the same 5 lb. weight range for about six months! I tried switching to 3-4 cardio a week and 3 strength training a week - but still nothing! It's driving me crazy! I also have a similar body type to Cedie and am using her as my motivation to keep going ... I have seen her change from DVD to DVD, so I know it can be done! I am 5'4" and want to drop only another 10-15 lbs. .... my body apparently doesn't want to do it though!

Dear Cathe

I need your help really I have been trying to lose the wieght but still it keeps gaining up on me I donot know what to do I was thinking asbout about doing your workouts but I just remembered that I donot have a step or the bar you know like the ones from a bench press set you and the others use I was wondering do you have a modifier for the episodes that you do on fittv because my momma is telling me that I need to lose at least like 100lbs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.