Heavy weights????

D

debmac

Cathe, I know you are away for the weekend, but if I don't ask now I'll forget what my question was! ha ha!!

I was wondering.....in your own personal workouts, NOT videos that you make for your adoring fans.....if you are doing a heavy-weights rotation, do you go really really heavy, say for squats? I hope I'm not being too nosy or out-of-line....but your legs look fabulous and I was curious if you work them heavy, or do you stick to the 35-50-ish pounds as in your leg workouts on video? I guess what I'm asking is, what is your own personal leg routine? Do you do a heavy-weight rotation for 8 or 12 weeks, followed by a lighter-weight rotation, etc.?

I had been following BFL and going very heavy (for me) on squats...like squatting my body weight..but not really seeing much happening with the looks of my legs. Then today, I tried your Leaner Legs tape for the first time, thinking what a light-weight I was for using 35 lbs., and it whupped my behind!!!!

So now I'm just so confused, about heavy/slow or lighter weights, more reps.....what do you do personally and what do you recommend?

Thanks and again, I hope this isn't prying too much into your personal space. If it is, I apologize in advance!

Thanks again for your wonderful videos----Debbie

Hi Debbie!

Thanks for the compliment. There are numerous ways to work your legs but the trick is finding the way(s) your body responds most favorably too. It takes time figuring out what those methods can be. Sometimes its not just heavy or just light but instead combos of both. Reps can vary as well.

I actually have not gone heavy with my legs in a very, very long time (I believe it was before I was pregnant with Eric). Genetically, my legs have maintained their shape with very little focus beyond my weekly cardio workouts. But when I do make an effort to really work them (either with heavy or light weights), I do notice that they become much more defined and have more pronounced muscle tone.

Since the filming of the videos, I have touched upon them lightly once a week while teaching my body pump class. Starting this week I will be using the Lean Legs video once a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.