have quite a bit to lose

girlina27

Hi I am new to video workouts and the jargon I have about 100 1lbs to lose but yet am fit. I love working with weights and have been working with a trainer of and on since February. We meet 3 times per week. One day its upper body one day its lower body and the third day is full body. My cardio is 5 days per week getting up to seven I walk. We have discussed adding some more cardio M-F and on the weekends some full body strength work.
What can you suggest that is not a beginner tape I find alot of them too easy and boring. Also I am drawn to this site because Cathe (I know we just met) Cathe when I grow up I want to look like you. Also I am interested in the idea of rotation how do you develope one is it a good idea for me at this point? I need a combination of endurance and strength obviously and one of my goals is to racewalk a half marathon. I am a performer so getting use to the exercise time has been hard but this is my life. I am an apple shape. Would also like to know if anyone is interested in being a buddy I could use the support. Right now my life is really isolated because of workouts and practicing. My goal is to become more independent in my workouts which means end of January or December no more trainer. If she is around any longer I will claim her as a tax deduction. If anyone wants to contact me do so at [email protected] thanks.

Hi,

I am no expert, but Intense Moves, by Reebok, is a good tape that will increase your fitness level but can be easily modified for your fitness level. Cathe's tapes are very advanced, especially Interval Max, which is a harder version of intense moves, so I'm not sure if you want to start with her? (I don't know your fitness level so it is hard to say!). Interval training, in general, will increase your fitness level more quickly than regular cardio.
As far as rotations go, you may want to try MIS or BodyMax (which is tough, I'm warning you! I can't get through the whole thing). Again, I don't know your fitness level, but this is more endurance focused, which will be good for you as you are trying to lose so much weight. And Body Max is easily broken up into Cardio, Cardio/ legs, and Upper Body, so they could be broken up
so that you could do Bmax legs one day, Bmax upper body, the next, cardio for two days, then MIS. That would be 3 days of strength for you.
These are just my suggestions, and I'm no expert, so hopefully someone else on the board can help further!
Good luck,
Cari

Thanks Cari i am thinking of trying the "wedding video" alternating the aerobics with C pricketts low impact high intensity and on the weekend using the second half of the tape for my two extra strength workouts with six days of walking on top of that it should be interesting thanks again and please comment on this

Hi,

Well, I am unfamiliar with the Wedding video, so I don't know what the strenght workouts are. I think just as long as you strength train three times a week, you will be fine. If you are doing the tapes twice a week and walking 6 times, then on one day you are doing cardio twice, correct? Maybe you should take out one of the walking days. (Something to discuss with your doctor; I don't want to go against his advice!). You don't want to burn out my doing so much cardio type. You may also want to
walk/ jog a couple of the days to increase the intensity a little, and to increase your fitness level.
Sorry I couldn't be more help on this.
Cari

Oh,

I wanted to point out that I think hitting each part three times a week is overdoing it. When I said train 3 times a week I meant one day total body and one day upper and then one day lower. I often alternate legs, upper, legs one week, and then upper, legs, upper the next.

Cari

In the gym I am doing 1 upper 1 lower and 1 full body I am at the intermidiate point with my gym workouts. Doing the full body on the weekends was just adding to that so that i could build intensity and metabolism after all i have 100 pounds to lose and want to be able to go at a fairly good clip as I get nearer to goal weight i will pull back. I know tha t this regmine is fairly intense and am building up to it. I also plan to be out of my current position no later than next June so that is also why I am pushing. I am a performer by trade and have to be serious about looking good as well as being healthy. The doctor thinks 6 days of walking is fine I have been working on building up my speed and endurance once I can get to 3.8 with a 3 incline I will make it interval workout. The aerobics are my evening cardio, I walk in the morning. Does this make sense to you?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.