Hardcore Extreme....DETAILS

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hardcore Extreme consists of three intense workouts each averaging approximately 70 minutes in length. These workouts are a compilation of the following four DVD workouts from the Hard Core Series: Imax 3, Low Max, Kick Max, and High Step Challenge.

Workout #1 combines interval training with circuit training. Workout #2 combines high impact and low impact intervals. Workout #3 combines interval training with high impact conditioning drills as well as leg conditioning drills.

To perform all three of these workouts you will need the following equipment: A High Step, an Original Health Club Step, various weighted dumbbells, an adjustable barbell, and a medium tension resistance band.

Premix #1: Interval Circuit (approx. 71 min.)

Warm Up Imax 3

Imax Interval 1(includes the blast too)
Imax Interval 2

High step Cycle #1
Leg Press w/band
Tricep Push Ups on step
Leg Press with Overhead press
Dips
Side Push Ups

Imax Interval 4
Imax Interval #5

High Step Cycle #2
Squats w/barbell
Deadlift w/barbell
Barbell rows 1st set
Barbell rows 2nd set
Back rows w/band
Push Ups

Imax Interval 9
Imax Interval 10

High Step Cycle #3
Leg Press w/ band
Hammer punch lunges
Barbell Curls
Barbell Curls
One Arm overhead press w/band
Plus add on upright row/overhead press w/dumbbells (only this exercise, not the whole cycle)
High Step Stretch

Premix #2 High/Low Intervals (approx 73 min)

Lomax Warm Up
Lomax Step Combo #1(this includes the blast too)
Imax Interval 2(includes blast)
Imax Interval 3(this includes the blast too)
Lomax Step Combo #3(includes blast)
Imax Interval 6(this includes blast)
Imax Interval 7(this includes blast)
Lomax Step Combo #4 (this includes blast)
Imax Interval 10(this includes blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge
Kick Max stretch

Premix #3: Interval Blast Plus Legs (approx. 69 min)

Imax 3 Warm Up
Imax Interval 5(includes blast)
Imax Interval 6(includes blast)
Imax Interval 7(includes blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (ONLY first 5 blasts)
Imax Interval 8(includes blast)
Imax Interval 9(includes blast
Imax Interval 10(includes blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (ONLY the 2nd five blasts)
Kick Max Leg Conditioning Drills
Kick Max Stretch

Hi Cathe! Thank you for posting this!

In the first workout, when you say "High Step Cycle", are you referring to the intense aerobic part as well as the weight work, or just the weight work (that you've listed beneath)?

It's great to "see" you on the boards!
Sandra

Thanks Cathe for posting this information!!!!!!

It looks like very exciting and intense combinations!!!

I cannot wait!!!!!!

Sandra S.

Thanks for the update Cathe. These routines look intense, oh-I mean hardcore!!!! I love the Terminator workouts and am anxiously awaiting the Hardcore Series.

You are such an inspiration to all of us.

Diana

Thanks Cathe. It lookos great. I like the focus on legs too on workout #3. They are my trouble spotx( x(

Looks great!

Question for Cathe

Hi Cathe,
I appreciate the update, and I'm happy for you that a lot of people seem to be happy with your description.

I'm wondering what made you decide not to put any of the Gym Styles, Muscle Max, Core Max or Stretch Max on this one? I know many people had asked for Gym Style to be on one DVD for mix-and-match capabilities, and I guess I assumed you would put them onto Hardcore Extreme as a sort of "consolation prize" ;-)

I know you can't please everyone, and I really am just wondering how you came up with the choices you did.

I know it is very early to be asking questions like this, but here it goes anyway: Is there any chance that in the future there will be releases of DVDs containing premixes of some of the individual Hardcores; premixes which would have blended nicely had there been more than one workout put on each DVD?

Thanks,
Wendy

Hec, Yes. Now I can work on my interval skills, stepping skills, high step skills, kickboxing skills, bowhunting skills...all in one workout. Sweet.

I'm going to need all those dvd's after all those chimineychengas.

Seriously though, I am so happy about this dvd.

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

********************** C A T H E ***********************

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Thanks for the update - you're the BEST!

Cyndi

OMG I can wait. I am day dreaming about all this workouts.

Life is good. Praise God.

Sonia

199/151/125:) :) :9 :p

This one sounds awesome!!! I want it to be the first one I try, but I guess I should get a handle on the underlying workouts first!

Shelbygirl

While I'm very happy to finally know the details of this workout, I'm with Wendy on this one. I very disappointed that there isn't a total body weights only mix using the Gym Style workouts. I too was assuming that one of these workouts would be a mixture of those since they weren't put onto one DVD. I hope I like IMAX 3 as much as I like IMAX 2 as it is certainly used ALOT in these workouts. I also wish that there was some ab work with each workout which would then make them complete workouts.

On a positive note at least two of the workouts are pure cardio with no weights used. That's a bonus.

It just seems strange that out of the ten new DVDs only four were used to create three workouts. Nothing against Cathe as I'm sure I'll love these workouts. I just feel that the ball was dropped big time in how these DVDs were arranged and especially the arrangement of these workouts. The Intensities were the best DVDs Cathe has ever done both in material and arrangement of the DVDs. Looks like that standard won't be coming back again.

Thanks Cathe for sharing these details.

I am wondering as well. Why are only 4 of the workouts from the series chosen to be used on this dvd? I remember from the original descriptions that bits and pieces from all ten would be put together for various workouts. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly....

Heather

I wonder as well Heather. I believe your recollection about the original description of the workouts on Hardcore Extreme is correct. I think this is what was said:

"Hardcore Extreme…This is a compilation DVD which will be made up of extremely hardcore premixes. There will be bits and pieces of the 10 pack series selected to provide you with various length and goal oriented workouts. "

For whatever reason Cathe did change that aspect of the DVD. Nevertheless, I can hardly wait for these workouts. It sounds like they are almost there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.