Hardcord Series...Reviews

annetoin

Hello,

Can someone direct me to the link that has the reviews for this series or give me your thoughts. For the past few months I have been out of the loop as I relocated to another state, relocated again two months later, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and now my hands are full being a new mom. Now that I got the doctors clearance to workout again, I am interested in possibly purchasing the new series but want to get feedback first.

Thanks in advance.

If you enter the titles of the separate workouts on the second of these forums in the search feature, you will find loads of indidivuals' reviews of the separate workouts that comprise the series.

Clare

Hi!

I have several of Cathe's Hardcore Series:

"Gym Style Legs"---a tough 67 minute workout that uses a high step, barbell, dummbells, resistance band and stability ball. The excercises are easy to follow, but do require endurance/stamina to finish through. Cathe does leg presses with a resistance band looped underneath the high step. I found it more comfortable for me to do the leg presses with a dumbbell in each hand or over each shoulder. When I first started using this workout, I had to pause my DVD player several times, to regroup before continuing to the next excercise. I've also had to slowly add some of the bonus burns into my workout. It's a fun and challenging workout. I also love how well chaptered the DVD is, so that on days when I'm short on time, I can choose the individual excercises that I want to do.

"Gym Style Chest and Triceps"--48 minutes of excellent, various excercises to isolate the chest and triceps. The resistance band is used, in addition to the barbell and dumbbells, and it really works the triceps!

"Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps"--62 minutes of excellent, various excercises. The partial bicep curls are great. And I love how Cathe uses dumbbells to strengthen the forearms.

"Muscle Max"---68 minutes of total body weight training. Great excercises for upper and lower body and abs. Uses resistance band. A tough workout for me.

"Core Max" has 3 seperate workouts that are 20 minutes each. They focus primarily on the abs with some attention to the back and core sides. The first segment, which uses no equipment, is my favorite. It's intense with lots of non stop crunches for the upper, mid and lower abs, obliques and intercostals. Whew, talk about muscle exhaustion! The second segment uses a stability ball. I'm not good at stabilizing myself on the ball, so this is challenging for me and I have to admit, I don't do this segment often. The third segment uses a medicine toning ball for the first half and then incorporates the stability ball with the medicine toning ball for the latter half of the workout. I love how the toning ball adds resistance to the abs workout and it kicks the challenge up a notch!

"Low Max"---69 minutes total. Low impact step aerobics (no high leaps, jumps, turns or kicks), high intensity. Very fun workout, but took me several tries to get the 7 combos choreography down. I had to learn them in increments. Great toning for the lower body.

"Stretch Max" has 3 stretch sessions that are 20 minutes each. The first stretch segment uses no equipments. The second stretch segment uses a stability ball. The third segment uses a resistance band. I do the first and the third segments. I'm not much of one to use a stability ball for stretching, so I don't do segment 2. I like 95% of segment 1---there are some stretches where I have to really balance myself on my legs as I lean forward to hold the stretch and it was less than comfortable for me.

I have just ordered "Kick Max" from the Hardcore Series and it sounds like a winner, according to many of the other Cathe-ites. Can't wait to try it!

I definitely recommend Cathe's Hardcore Series.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.