Gym Style Series

mplc

Hello,
I am a 46 year old male that used to lift heavy but now have come to love circuit training. I have been doing what I consider to be a very intense program with wonderful results. I am looking for more variety as my workouts are becoming stale. I have read the descriptions for the Gym Style series and they seem very similar to what I have been doing. Here is my question and I hope it does not sound chauvinistic. All of the videos feature woman; are the routines scalable in terms of weight for use by a man? Is the pace fast enough for a moderately fit man to hit the cardio range?
Again, I don't mean to offend anyone as there are many, many, many, woman in far greater shape than I.

Thanks

Hello, the gym style workouts are fine for men to use as well. All you need to do is just use heavy enough weight so that you are really struggling those last couple of reps. Or,if you find that it might not be enough work, you can always "pre-exhaust" your major muscle groups before doing a dvd. For example, my chest is so strong that I must first bench press and/or do pull ups and then proceed to do the chest/tri's dvd. You get a good burn that way , but only if u need the extra oompf. I suggest trying the gym style series first though, just to gauge on how much weight works for you. Hope this helps!

Starla

I think you would be suprised with Cathe's weight workouts. My husband and I exercise together and he normally goes only 5-10 lbs heavier than Cathe. I think a lot of it has to do with her unique style of weight training. It is not just up and down...up and down. She directs you to low end work and various different counts (up one down three). Try it you won't be sorry!

Melissa
Paragonah, UT

Gym Style is a good hard weight routine, but I would not call it Circuit Training, nor is is a cardio routine. On the leg video, I may hit a cardio training range for about 15 minutes out of the entire hour, on the upper body, not at all, and I lift the same as Cathe. Some of Cathe's other weight work-outs are more circuit like and elevate the heart better. Leaner legs comes to mind....in fact leaner legs, with CTX upper body is awesome.

YES!!! I hope you don't mind me popping in here but I wanted to say that my husband occasionally workouts with me and loves all Cathe's weight work. If any of the weights are too low for you, just heavy "up". BTW, my DH loves Gym Style! :7

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.