Gym style

UKCatheFan

Cathlete
Hello There Miss Cathe

I am getting really (!) tempted to buy the latest Gym Style workouts but I have noticed that there seems to be a lot more chest work than the other muscle groups. I am concerned that this might cause muscle imbalance (my chest is quite well developed compared with say, my shoulders and arms). Do you think it would be fine for me to do as is?

I hope you and your family are well. You might be having your vacation now, so all you lovely and knowledgeable people, feel free to chime in!

With (well developed chest) hugs :)

Trevor

If this is a concern of yours, it's easy to skip chapters in a workout, or to substitute exercises.

I often omit some chest exercises in workouts that I feel have a back/chest imbalance, including some of Cathe's. IMO, there should be at least as many back exercises as chest, if not more. (I also omit most front deltoid exercises, because they are well worked, IMO, during bench presses and I often substitute an exercise that hits all three delt muscles rather than focusing on the anterior delt.) My chiropractor just told me that I am "well balanced" as far as muscle development, so I'm doing something right!

The Gym Styles are excellent workouts. (PLB is my favorite Cathe lower body workout, but GSL is a rising contender for that spot!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.