grip on bar with thumb

diane

Hi Cathe
I have been having some annoying issues with my thumb joint, ( I have a appointment Friday for a checkup) I wondered which grip on the barbell puts less pressure on the thumb joint. I noticed during Power Hour you have your thumb behind, while the others have it wrapped around the bar. I may have to stop training for a week or two, but when I come back I want to avoid the problem. I am in my 40's so it could just be my age!! LOL

I LOVE all your workouts and am patiently waiting for my DVD's. Your are very gifted.
Thanks! Diane

Hi Diane! Great that you playing it smart and having it looked at. Be sure to ask them which grip they recommend. Until then select whichever grip keeps the joint pain free. If there isn't one, then wait until your appt. on Friday and see what they say. Good Luck!

Thanks Cathe for the prompt response. Hmmm I have had the pain for quite a while, not just in lifting weights, so I haven't actually been to smart! I will ask him which grip, hopefully he won't tell me never to do weights again, I would just burst into tears!
Thanks again Diane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.