Good Morning From The East Coast....

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Just taking a 20 minute java break and thought I would say hello while I get caught up on the forums :D

Have a super day!
Cathe
progress.gif

Good morning Cathe! Thank you for kicking my butt (in a good way of course) this morning! I did MIS. Love it!! Then for "fun" I did about 30 minutes of Hi/Lo Intervals (#2) from Hardcore Extreme. :eek:

Thank you for all you do! You are wonderful!

Happy Tuesday!

Lisa

Hey Cathe, hope you're still enjoying your cuppa.

Just a thought that has popped into my head a few times doing your step w/os. I notice that there are not a lot of hamstring curls in your routines. Is this on purpose? As I said, just a thought...

Hi, Cathe, and glad you're taking a bit of a minute for a cuppa java.

Say, I posted a question a few days ago that I'm still curious about:

Would it be counterproductive to sling in some brief plank work (I almost spelled it "plank fork") on the off days between workout sessions, to keep The Dreaded Pooch at bay? I do find that planks - especially hover planks either on the floor or elbows on the ball) really tag the transversus much better, and in my sit-and-sit job I need all the help I can get. Or is a lot not better than a little?

Only if you have time - TIA!

A-Jock

Hi, Cathe, and glad you're taking a bit of a minute for a cuppa java.

Say, I posted a question a few days ago that I'm still curious about:

Would it be counterproductive to sling in some brief plank work (I almost spelled it "plank fork") on the off days between workout sessions, to keep The Dreaded Pooch at bay? I do find that planks - especially hover planks either on the floor or elbows on the ball) really tag the transversus much better, and in my sit-and-sit job I need all the help I can get. Or is a lot not better than a little?

Only if you have time - TIA!

A-Jock

Not at all bad for you A-Jock. These exercises are what I consider part of a maintenance program for a healthy back and core region. They are great for bringing you a lifetime of improved posture as well as a healthier spine. Another thing you can do, if you aren't already, is use a stability ball in place of your desk chair for an hour or two a day. This will keep your spine aligned properly and keep you sitting taller, which in turn lengthens the core giving it a leaner appearance. Have Fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.