Going to buy Muscle Max Dvd, but have questions...

chiballer07

Hello Cathe,

I had a few questions about the muscle max dvd:

- does it have some aerobic value as well?
- what extra equipment is needed?
- is it necessary to do all 72 minutes at once?

thank you,
Amin

Muscle Max is a total body strength workout. It is not a cardio workout. You will need a step (with preferably 3 risers on each side), 6 ft. medium tension resistance band, an adjustable barbell, various weighted dumbbells. It is not necessary to do the whole 72 minutes at once. Cathe has premixes which are shorter versions of the workout. They are as follows:

1. Upper Body Only - 42 min
2. Upper Body Push/Pull - 33 min
3. Lower Body Only - 23 min
4. Timesaver - 56 min

Marcy

I don't have a step - I use a weight bench instead. And I also do not have a barbell.

One thing that Cathe says in the videos is that you can use dumbells for the same exercises.

The premixes are really nice, too!

Your question have been answered, but I wanted to add that MM is a great full body w/o. It's also great to use the timesavers in splits. I think it's well worth purchasing.

Hi Amin! Muscle Max is strictly weight training. You will need a standard sized step, various weighted dumbbells, a weighted barbell, and a resistance band for this workout. I think you will get maximum benefits by doing the workout all at once however, if you are unable to do this, you will still get results.

If you are going to break up the workout, I would do everything up to (but NOT including shoulders) and insert a three minute stretch on your own. Then pick up the workout again starting with shoulders all the way to the end.

If you are able to do the workout all the way up to the ab work before needing to stop, that would be an even better option then the one mentioned above.

Again, ideally it is best to do the workout in its entirety for optimal results.

Enjoy the workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.