Giving up sugar!?

Have you tried taking gymnema sylvestre? Its fairly inexpensive, otc, herbal remedy for sugar cravings. Its an ayurvedic medicine used to treat both sugar cravings, lower blood sugar and alcohol cravings too. I take one Nature's Way for every 20 carbs over my daily allotment. I would take it with extra chocolate, candy or cereals.

Also, the less sugar you have the less you will have the cravings.

Eating fruit at least once a day, and then whenever I had a sweet craving helped me a lot.

I eat tons of fruit! I don't take any sugar in my coffee or tea. But because I'm a professional cook/baker I'm always around food, especially baking. It is often hard to resist especially after a meal I often just want a cookie or something!

Is it the sugar you are trying to avoid or the sweet taste?

If it is the sugar and you still want to sweeten your foods, try a natural sweetener like stevia or PureVia. I used stevia to help wean myself off of sugar but now I incorporate other natural, zero calorie sweeteners such as PureVia.

If it is the sweet taste, I would suggest just gradually reducing the amount of sugar you currently use. For example, if you use a teaspoon a cup of coffee now, go to 3/4 teaspoon for a few days, then 1/2 teaspoon for a few days, then 1/4 teaspoon, and finally no sugar at all.

Did you read what I wrote above? I don't take sugar in my coffee, I don't need replacement sugar substitutes! In plain English: I want to give up desserts! How can this be made easier so that I'm not craving dessert??

I have the solution to cravings!

Hi Skatch,
I have had really good luck giving up sweets using Shakeology. I was a sugar addict... A serious one!!! I loved candy, baked goods, pop... I was totally addicted to all things sweet! I started Shakeology 4-5 months ago and my cravings are GONE!! It's an absolutely amazing shake. Totally recommend it! There are a number of other health benefits that go with it as well. Feel free to message me to learn more.
You can buy it from a Beachbody coach (I am a coach, if you need one www.cgfit.net)

Good luck...I know how hard it can be to beat the sugar cravings! This will be work! I am certain of that!

Blessings,
Christy

Another thing to consider is taking cinnamon capsules. It helps with blood sugar levels and reduces sugar cravings. It works for me (but drink lots of water else the cinnamon could repeat on you).

I want to give up desserts! How can this be made easier so that I'm not craving dessert??
Naturally sweet herbal teas can help stem cravings for deserts.
And the liquid will help fill your stomach, so you will feel fuller and that cue for cravings will lessen.

It's also important to keep the stuff you don't want, but crave, out of the house (which takes will power at the grocery store if you live alone, and is harder if you live with others).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.