Future Premix question

wendyloo

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, (This question is directed only to Cathe and/or SNM. If anyone else has input, please feel free to PM me.)

I'm wondering whether in your future workouts you plan to design the premixes more along the lines of the Intensity and Body Blast series rather than the Hardcores. I'm not talking about quantity of premixes per DVD--rather, I'm referring to the setup of each actual premix. I've been doing some of the Hardcore premixes over the past few weeks, and I've stopped in frustration several times due to one main thing:
There are no "insert cards" preceeding each section. This actually works alright within a cardio premix (Imax3's Step Only premix would be hurt by having this type of pause, as it would interrupt the flow), but it really makes a strength premix difficult if not impossible to work with.
The segments are put together so that there is no warning of an exercise change (unless the original workout contained that warning, and that particular premix contains those chapters in the correct, uncut order). Also, if there is a weight change, there is no warning or time to set up for it.
So, I'm just wondering if this is something you all have thought about for any future series you may do.
I really enjoy your workouts and hope that you'll continue with premixes of high quality.

Thanks for your time,
Wendy

I have avoided doing the weight premixes on the HC series for this very reason. Very poorly done, and disappointing compared to premixes for previous series.

That is a great suggestion. I have tried a few premixes, but the weight changes are too fast without the insert cards. The Body Blast series was handled sooo well with premixes. I think that series is a great example of premix options and ease.

My work-around for this is to "memorize" what is on the premix, and have my weights set up beforehand. It would be nice to have the insert cards, I agree, but the premixes are still useful and I'm glad they're there!

I love the premixes on the Legs and Glutes/KPC dvd. I intend to get the entire BB series now - just for the premixes! I like to shake things up - I guess we will have to wait for Cathe to respond to see what she thought of the HC premixes! :)

I love the premixes of the BB series also and it was my understanding that the premixes of the HC series were going to be broken down sometime so we can print them out and know what they contain. For now, I just pause and make notes on the premixes I do so I'll know what to expect next time. :) Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.