floor aerobics

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Hi!! I'm new here. 1st wanted to say thanks and good job!! I bought Kick Max 2 or 3 months ago and I love it!!! Thought I was going to die the 1st time but it's now a favorite. I also just got Core Max and love it too. Before I found your stuff I primarily did advanced level floor aerobics by a variety of instructors. I'd love to get more of your stuff, but I'm afrauis of the step!!! Silly, I know, but I came down on the edge of one once and took a nasty tumble on my hip and wrist. Got mad, threw the step out. Do you have any other floor programs? I'd love to continue w/ more of your stuff, and I know its a bit stupid to be afraid of the step, but thats how it is. On the other hand, I love your stuff and have been itching for more, so if I have to get back up on a step, I have to. But thanks much!! You've definately inspired me to do more than I ever thought I could and I look forward to doing more!!

Hi spyrosmom! Nice to meet you. While I don't have a lot of floor aerobics, the little that I do is mostly all high impact.

You can check out film clips of these if you are interested:

Kick, Punch and Crunch

Cardio Kicks

Maximum Intensity Cardio (30 minutes HIGH IMPACT Floor aerobics but the first 30 minutes is step aerobics)

Step Jump and Pump..... (only a short 20 minute step portion, but the rest is hi/lo impact floor aerobics mixed with weight training)

Not Cathe, but have you tried lowering the step height (using no risers)? Or, perhaps you can do the step workouts just on the floor. Sure it takes a little bit of getting used to, but you can get a fairly decent workout. Cathe's DVD selection is awesome, and the videos she recommended are great too! BTW, Kick, Punch, and Crunch (IMO) is harder than Kick Max. It will really kick things up a whole new level. I wish you luck:)

last night i did MIC which i have not done in a loooong time. it was tough. i'm 35 yrs old and can still handle the fast fast paced. i'm excited to do it again. i also like Circuit Max-high/low/kb/and step. i usually skip the step part. ctx also has high/low.

laura

Thanks to everyone. I'm going to try the videos suggested and I also like the idea of doing the step w/out the risers til I get a feel for it. Where the step ends and all. I am a bit on the uncoridinated side and don't need another fall on my booty! Thanks!!

Good luck! Also, if you are wanting to learn step (or gain some grounding) you might try some of Cathe's older videos or even her beginner/intermediate series. Although her newer step workouts (for beginner/intermediate) she uses a smaller bench, you can still do the workouts on a full size bench. I would recommend you trying to do some uncomplicated, non-dancy routines first so that you can build that confidence. Have you been on Cathe's ordering site? You can preview her workouts there. Also, some of Cathe's older workouts give you a great workout without some of the complicated moves. ( This is not to say that all of them are easy to do the first time around )}( A great website to learn some step moves is:

http://www.turnstep.com/

I can't guarantee that all of Cathe's steps are there, but the basics are there. Some of Cathe's cueing may be different in some older videos (i.e. Horseshoe is a turnstep).

Finally, you might try doing section by section on her videos (or any step video). If it is too complicated, just work on one step pattern at a time at the end of your regular workout. Good luck:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.