floor

Dear Cathe: I have been doing your videos for about a year. I just love them, but I am getting a little knee pain when doing a lot of stepping. I changed my sneakers; I thought that a new sneaker would help, but it didn't. I work out over ceramic floor. I have heard that the surface of the ceramic tiles are not the best choice for exercising. I am building a new home, and in it I will have a small gym and so I was thinking of wooden floors for it. Are they anything special or just regular wooden floors would do it? I asked the contractor buy could not help me. I guess he is not into indoor sports. The house will have ceramic floor again, is it right for me to have wood floor in the gym ? Can you help me with it??:D
Michelle

Hi Michelle, I think that wood floors would help alot because they give alittle when you jump on them. I used to be a dancer, and I was told many times that wood flooring is ideal, cement or anything that doesn't give could cause stress to the joints, mainly the knees. Hope that might help alittle!
Purplesky1120

Hello Michelle,
Yes wood floors are the best. It is what is used in every step/floor aerobics room in just about all gyms. I have hardwood floors throughtout my entire house, except the kitchen. When i wear high heels i feel a minor spring in my step when walking on the hardwood. Best of luck as hardwood floors can be pricey.
Claudia

Hi Michelle! How lucky you are to have a gym room just for you! You'll need to have a suspended hardwood floor; it must have spring to it. If you look on this site you should find Tanaflex flooring; this is what Cathe used in her studio when filming new videos. Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.