Fitness Publications and/or Web Sites

EBC

Hi Cathe! I'm on the search for a credible fitness magazine(s) or web site(s) that gives current info on all or many fitness genres as well as nutrition. So many of both seem to be dedicated to pushing products rather than to honest education. I thought you (and anyone else who may wish to chime in) might have a few favorites you'd like to share with all us Catheites. Thanks in advance for any input and thanks also for producing the best workouts on the market.

Elizabeth :D

Obviously I'm not Cathe, but I thought I'd chime in . . .

The American Council on Exercise (ACE; www.acefitness.com), and IDEA, a member organization for fitness professions (group fitness instructors, trainers, club managers, etc.) (www.ideafit.com) both offer their ongoing publications to non-professionals. These magazines include articles on current fitness trends in terms of safety, effectiveness and "fun factor", current research into various aspects of fitness, current research into nutrition, and a broad variety of other topics. These mags can be extremely helpful to "the educated crowd", without having to plow through a million ads and skimpily-clad models like you find in trade mags.

Hope this helps -

A-jock

Thanks so much, Annette! I'll check both of these out immediately-- sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Elizabeth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.