Fitness Competition

Hi Cathe!
I wanted to ask if you'd have any advice for me concerning fitness competitions. I am a personal trainer that is currently staying at home with my 2 year old son and I am seeking a trainer to push me out of my "box" to attend my first fitness competition at the end of June. I will be in the Natural Fitness Championships on Oahu and looking to fall in either the novice or sports model category. I am in pretty good shape now, but wanted to seek a new challenge and to know I can do this after having a baby! :)
You have been my light ever since having my son and my husband being deployed to Iraq. Since I was not able to get to the gym since my husband is deployed often, your videos have kept me sane-and lookin good! (so the husband says!!)
I will be able to go to the gym twice a week and plan on working out at home the others (stroller running, my elliptical at home, weights and of course, your videos!) Any advice you would be able to offer me would be greatly appreciated since the competition thing is pretty new to me.
Also, if any of you other experts on the matter out there can help me, that would be great!!
Thank you so much!
Beth Hornsby

Beth,

What a neat thing you're going to be doing! Have you talked to your former colleagues to see if they're aware of anyone in your area who specialize in training those for bodybuilding competitions? I was just reading this month's issue in the Parrillo Performance magazine. There was a great article about a trainer who teaches people to prepare for natural bodybuilding competitions. The article is at http://www.parrillo.com/publications/98.pdf and scroll down to page 5. It's a really interesting article!

Hope this helps.
Lorrayne

Hi Beth! Good luck in all your endeavors. I would look into subscribing to Tom Venuto's Inner Circle called burnthefatinnercircle.com. In a forum called Contest Preparation you can ask Tom (who's a natural bodybuilder) any and all questions that you may have. He can definitely find you the right trainer in your area. He will even critique your meals the entire step of the way as well as your weight training program. HTH, Kathy:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.