Fit by Cathe glove sizes?

kathryn

Cathlete
Are the weight-lifting gloves and weighted gloves sized by "people" size (men and women) or "women's" size?

And how "small" is the small vs. medium?

I'm not sure which size to order, is there a size guide somewhere that says what measurements--and where?--fit each size?

TIA!

Womens size

Are the weight-lifting gloves and weighted gloves sized by "people" size (men and women) or "women's" size?

I'm not sure which size to order, is there a size guide somewhere that says what measurements--and where?--fit each size?

TIA!

Hi Kathryn! They are womens sizing. There are no sizing charts available that I am aware of. How ironic that you ask this because I am finding that womens sizing for fitness gloves usually runs on the small side. When doing a test on the gloves for Fitness By Cathe I asked why they seem really small. I was told that this follows a pretty standard womens sizing chart. So I went out and tried on other fitness company womens gloves and what do you know, it is true. They ALL felt super snug. One company's womens small required a friend to help pull it off my fingers.

With regards to Fitness By Cathe, I have small hands and I actually feel fine in a womens medium and can even attempt a large although the fit is relaxed. I hope this helps!

This helps a lot...and actually explains why I have had so much trouble buying lifting gloves in the past! Thanks Cathe!

I have Cathe's gloves. I have medium hands, but they are slight with long fingers. Size medium is a nice, snug fit for me. I could probably go with a large too, but I don't think I could wear a size small comfortably.

With regards to Fitness By Cathe, I have small hands and I actually feel fine in a womens medium and can even attempt a large although the fit is relaxed. I hope this helps!

Thanks so much! This helps a lot (I assume it is true for both the weight-lifting glove and the weighted glove?)

(Hmmm... I wonder if gloves run so small because the snug fit makes the hands look slimmer...and you know how women always want to look slimmer, at least according to marketing folks. LOL!)

I have Cathe's gloves. I have medium hands, but they are slight with long fingers. Size medium is a nice, snug fit for me. I could probably go with a large too, but I don't think I could wear a size small comfortably.
Thanks for the info (sounds like we have similar hand types!)

Weighted Gloves

TIA!

Hi Kathryn! Oops, I forgot to answer the part about the weighted gloves. The weighted gloves don't come in sizes. One size fits all with an adjustable strap around the wrist area to tighten it. They are made of a stretchy fabric to accomodate most hand sizes. The guys/gals in STS had no problems with the fit. The palm is open and there are just straps that go around the fingers. I just wanted to clarify that because sometimes (in our video clips) we have fitness gloves underneath them and this may give the illusion that the weighted glove has the palm covered, but it doesn't.

Just a heads up....at some point in 2009 I am releasing a newer version of the weighted glove that will combine a fitness glove and weighted glove all in one (with additional reinforcement around the finger holes). This is to appeal to those that want palm coverage for heavier weight training. However, some prefer the palm open for fitness walking and kickboxing so we will offer both.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.